Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I might regret this in 30 years

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 02:31 AM
Site Moderator
Default I might regret this in 30 years

Because my wife insists that I dont dip into our checking/savings etc. to get GIAC, I have sold some valuable baseball cards on Ebay-including one of my Mickey Mantle cards. It has gotten to the point where I am sick of trying to fall assleep at night, thinking about giac, being at work throughout the day, daydreaming about giac, and so on. I feel like I need GIAC as if it were an 8 ball crack rock. So, I know I'll have some regrets about parting with something that had sentimental value for something that will go with the car when it goes, but they both are only possesions. SO.... Im getting chipped tomorrow on my lunch break FOR SURE. Ill let yall know how it goes.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:33 AM
Default RE: I might regret this in 30 years

Modification=crack. Congrats tho.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:33 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Because my wife insists that I dont dip into our checking/savings etc. to get GIAC, I have sold some valuable baseball cards on Ebay-including one of my Mickey Mantle cards. It has gotten to the point where I am sick of trying to fall assleep at night, thinking about giac, being at work throughout the day, daydreaming about giac, and so on. I feel like I need GIAC as if it were an 8 ball crack rock. So, I know I'll have some regrets about parting with something that had sentimental value for something that will go with the car when it goes, but they both are only possesions. SO.... Im getting chipped tomorrow on my lunch break FOR SURE. Ill let yall know how it goes.
u kno im serous u got a problem its only a chip, why would u sell that card off OMG
soon you will get bored of the GIAC chip watch then u will really regret sellin your card
BTW how much did u get for them

and dont for get to upgrade the DV if u havent already when u get chipped alrite

Old 11-10-2005, 02:43 AM

lol...wow, someone's addicted. Btw..how much more gain can you get w/ an upgraded DV. Is it really necessary?

Old 11-10-2005, 02:47 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: robsilvr85

lol...wow, someone's addicted. Btw..how much more gain can you get w/ an upgraded DV. Is it really necessary?
theres no gains wit the DV, its just the stock DV will blow/break wit the new increase in boost

Old 11-10-2005, 02:48 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: robsilvr85

I dont know of any gains with an upgraded DV valve other than not have the weak stock one blow up on you so it is necessary. I have already gotten the 710N and installed it a few weeks ago and I dont notice a difference. And Panda, I have 3 Mantle's, I sold just one, and some other different one's. I got $300 for the Mantle.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:50 AM
Administrator

i havent got chipped yet but im not gonna sell my stuff to get chipped

Old 11-10-2005, 02:51 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

u kno im serous u got a problem its only a chip, why would u sell that card off OMG
soon you will get bored of the GIAC chip watch then u will really regret sellin your card
BTW how much did u get for them

and dont for get to upgrade the DV if u havent already when u get chipped alrite
I didnt know one could get bored with giac? How is going from 150hp to 200hp ever boring????

Old 11-10-2005, 02:51 AM
3rd Gear

Well here's the good news. No one has ever been disappointed by a chip. It makes your car a lot faster. You will be more than satisfied by the power increase. And, if you have a sodder-in ECU, you can probably recoup some of that financial loss when you sell the car by keeping your stock ECU and selling your GIAC.
Hopefully you keep the car long enough to make it worth selling your cards.
To be honest, I don't think you should trade any more cards that have both nostalgic and real monetary value for performance gains for your car. If you've got anything else worth selling, I say keep it, give it to your son, his son, etc. You can't really do that with your GIAC-chipped Audi. The fun you get from that, while immense and very very real, is fleeting compared to the value your cards probably have for you.

I could literally not care less about any other material possession I might spend money on besides my car. That said, I would draw the line at the guitar or the piano or something that will be here long after the car has given up, that gives me just as much enjoyment as my car and that I could trade for stuff to make my car faster/nicer.

Maybe I'm reading too much into this, and maybe you'll catch the mod bug bad and never look back, which has happened to countless people.
Put your regrets on check until you've driven the car for a while. It's so exhilerating the first time you goose it and there's so mcuh extra torque around 3000rpms that you have to lean back and let your seat help support your neck. You will smile wider than you probably have in a while, and probably giggle a little. You might even want to go out to the garage after dinner and look at your car, and decide to get in, and then take it on another impulse run just to feel that power surge again. It really is that good.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:53 AM
Site Moderator

Also. I need some serious clarification on this chipping. Sometimes its so hard to get a direct answer... My a4 is a 2000 drv by wire ... Will it be flashed or soldered on???

Quick Reply: I might regret this in 30 years