Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 12:32 AM
Default RE: I hate my car

good advice, my dad has done good teaching me to save and invest etc... but i know far to many friends that have never had a job. There was a survey at the end of our senior year and only 18% had ever held a job. I think it has to be a mistake but who knows. U gotta learn so how and if ur dad is forcing u to pay for ur car then thats good, what are u gonna do when u have to pay for ur car, house, food, clothes, insurance, gas, medical needs etc... the bills just add up. U should take the time u ahve with ur parents help to build up ur savings and learn how to pay 1 bill then 2 etc...

Old 07-16-2006, 12:37 AM

if the car was free and you cant afford to run it then you deserve to lose it daddy gave so you have to give back just fixing it your self will make him a happy man

Old 07-16-2006, 12:44 AM
3rd Gear

There is really no sense in getting heated over the kids around here that have their hands in their dads pocket. It's what you get for being on an Audi forum. There are going to be rich kids that are spoiled and you just have to live with it. I used to get pissed off just because I grew up buying everything on my own. I drove a rusted out Honda Accord because that's all I could buy but when I graduated and started to make some money and bought nice cars, I was pissed off at all the kids with $50k cars. It just doesn't bother me now. They will soon find out that daddy won't be around forever and their friends that aren't spoiled will leave them when they enter the real world. I used to have a friend that was a trust fund baby with millions of dollars and he is a complete loser now and has no friends. I was best friends with him almost my whole life but being spoiled ruined him.

By the way... If you want a reliable car, buy a Kia.

Old 07-16-2006, 12:47 AM

like you I am the same but in the end I loved my dad and no car could replace him god rest his soul

Old 07-16-2006, 01:37 AM
2nd Gear

Alot of posting happened while I was away.

First off, my dad bought me the car as reliable enough transportation to school/work/social activities. I never modded it short of a set of slotted rotors. If you actually read my posts, you would know that I am not asking 'daddy to buy me another Audi'. I am asking my dad for a short term loan so that I can buy a reliable car to get me to and from work.

And yes, I do live at home, but I also pay room and board. Short of the food that is served at home and maintaining the reliability of my Audi, I pay for everything else. I also work 60+ hours a week (10 hour shifts, 6 days a week) changing hot oil and burning my arms on scalding hot exhaust pipes. Can you say the same? Did you work 2 jobs at the same time during highschool? Did you go get a full time job right when you graduated? Did you put off a year of advanced education so that you could work to afford it? My parents have money, but I don't ask for handouts. Originally I had planned to buy a cheap car on my own, but my parents told me that I couldn't. Beleive it or not, I have tried to get my own car many times, even after the Audi, but my parents have always said no, you have a car.

My dad did give me the car. He thinks I should keep it, but I told him that he can have it back, I need more reliable transportation. Try re-reading the second to last line on my original post. I'll even make it easy and quote it and bold it for you:

I might have to pull out of the car scene for a while and just get something that will get me places until I can afford to buy and maintain something nice.
I do have bills. I pay off my 18.7% credit card that I never asked my parents to cosign on. I have my own health insurance. And soon I will have my own car payment, gas bill, and insurance bill. I make about $2400 a month before taxes

Before you decide that I am another spoiled brat and start spouting nonsense, read what I post, get your facts straight and read my entire post.

Old 07-16-2006, 01:54 AM
3rd Gear

LOL.

Old 07-16-2006, 01:58 AM
2nd Gear

You forgot to say "Pg. 2 owned", so I'm taking the title. No edits.

Old 07-16-2006, 05:24 AM
1st Gear

hey man dun talk bout that ****.. wut u mean dads pocket dun be a hater.. jus cuz u gotta work ur *** off dont mean some do. so w.e man im sure if ur rents offered u to buy a sick car over a civic that u worked ur *** off for.. ud obviously let ur rents handle it..

Old 07-16-2006, 05:42 AM
3rd Gear

I'm going to have to ask you to repeat that...

Were you speaking Canadian?

Old 07-16-2006, 12:32 PM

I am not being a "hater"... just realistic, just trying to pass on some advice to my Audi-loving brethren.

Cameron, the only post Ive ever read from you was on this thread, sorry if I jumped to conclusions, but I wasnt trying to turn this into a pissing contest, and by the way you can **** very very far and we are all very impressed. Maybe you should practice those oil changes so you dont get burnt all the time.

Alice, damn straight I would have let my parents buy me a car, any car. They gave me an 87 Chrysler New Yorker when I was 16, which I then passed to my little brother... but at some point, especially post-highschool, you have got to find pride in a thing they call "Independence". I know if I had a crazy nice car that my parents bought for me (not really referring to an older Audi) I would love driving it, love washing it, looking at it and everything, but I wouldnt be proud of it. Even with the car I have now, if I had some $560 monthly payment for 6 years because I ran out to buy a car without saving and doing it properly, I wouldnt be proud of it (I wish I could have paid cash for all of it, but Im in a 3 yr loan) Getting a great car for free has got to be like receiving an honorary degree, sure you have the paper, but you didnt really earn it, so how can you have real pride in it.

If all you are concerned with is image, none of this will matter to you.

This is not hating... so all of you who get offended too easily, just take a deep breath and realize that I am merely saying how I feel on the subject.

Quick Reply: I hate my car