Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I HATE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:53 PM
1st Gear
Default I HATE!!!!

Illegal Immigrants in the US!

My 2001 A4 1.8T Q is nowjacked upbecause somemental case decided to run a red light then slam on his breaks in the middle of an intersection. I plowed into the side of his car at 45 and tipped him onto his side, he was driving a little Toyota pick-up.

No injuries thankfully on both sides.

When the police got there, they takes statements and DL's, insurence, etc They find out the guy has a warrent for his arrest by INS. And guess what? I now have to foot the bill myself to fix my car. I will try to get the Estimater to total it butI doubt he will. Just bought the car 2 months ago with 34k miles on it.

Talk about a bad day

Editedto removeswearing...bad mood

Old 04-12-2007, 07:54 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: I HATE!!!!

SOrry man!

Old 04-12-2007, 07:58 PM

damn that sucks...... is insurance gonna cover it and you pay the deductable or what?

Old 04-12-2007, 08:03 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Bondga

damn that sucks...... is insurance gonna cover it and you pay the deductable or what?
As of right now yes. because he didn't have insurense I have to foot the bill myself. Luckily I wasn't stupid and have uber full coverage on my car with a $500 deductable.

The only problemI have is even fixed the car is now nowhere near what it was worth.I bought it from the origional owner for only $10k, about 7k below bluebook. It came with every recipt for everything ever done to it including a gas log, the guy was **** about his cars.

If they don't total it does anyone know if the car will ever drive the same? I paid cash for this thing, saved for a year to get one.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:06 PM
4th Gear

Got any pics?

How bad is it?

Most collision shops should be able to get it back to normal for ya, if they dont total it.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:08 PM
2nd Gear

Sucks, I would have beat some immigrant azz, bust him open like a pinata.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:10 PM
1st Gear

I took some pics but gave my Insurance guy the SD card from my camera, he was on-scene in 15 min since the Progressive office was 2 blocks away suprisingly.

Pics will be posted ASAP

Old 04-12-2007, 08:10 PM
2nd Gear

man i really feel for you... my buddy was just rearended a month ago and it was $6900 in damage. the girl was uninsured so he had to pay the deductable. the nice thing is his insurance company will go after the unisured motorist for the cost of the repairs legally. the first $500 they get out of her goes back to my friend as his deductible. gl with everything... i doubt it will drive the same, tell the estimator what happened... i bet they will be able to total it out... they only need to make sure the damage is 50% of what the car is worth to have it totaled... and with an audi, EVERYTHING is expensive. shouldn't be too hard to total. again gl

Old 04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: NuYorka103185

Sucks, I would have beat some immigrant azz, bust him open like a pinata.
Not pissed about the Immigrant part...It's the Illegal part that screws with my wallet.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:13 PM

depending on how bad the damage is and how good the shop is... it's possible for it to be the same as it was before the wreck...of coarse you have to get over the mental part of it

Quick Reply: I HATE!!!!