Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i debadged but wtf....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 02:58 AM
Default i debadged but wtf....

i debadged the A4 and 1.8T Quattro sign thats on the rear a couple days ago but there's still marks on my damn rear !
i read the DIY post and did it the same way.... is there any way to get rid of that mark?! it doesn't look good....

Old 04-24-2007, 03:04 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: i debadged but wtf....

mark as in Glue? i had extra glue residue and i used bug and tar removal from kragen. now it looks very clean.

just get a cloth towel or sumthing and keep rubbing till it comes off ( haha very funny)

Old 04-24-2007, 04:05 AM
3rd Gear

If you got some glue stuff left get Goo Gone and clean that up. If it just looks like a bit different color it is "fine", after a couple of car washes it should be gone. Post some pics.

Old 04-24-2007, 04:33 AM
2nd Gear

This is why i hesitate to debadge mine, let me know if its just glue

goof off works great, just remember when u use this **** we recommend to re wax ur trunk cuz it strips it off

Old 04-24-2007, 04:41 AM
1st Gear

i debagged mine and it had some glue, well its not glue like in super glue its from the back of the tape or whatever they use to stick the badge on. just scrub hard and it will come off. if not then you need to have someone else scrub for you.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:21 AM

i'll post a pic tomorrow to show you guys how it is. but thanks for the infos guys!

Old 04-24-2007, 08:33 AM
1st Gear

I had some marks as well when I debadged mine (not glue though, more like fine scratches and a bit of discoloration). I used some light compound to smooth out the clear coat and blend with the surrounding area, then I waxed the area and now I can't tell where the badges were.

Old 04-24-2007, 10:35 AM
4th Gear

What you do is take a cotton shirt (when the badges are completly off, and theres just glue left) pour light amounts of Goo Gone on it, then heat it up, then just rub away with the towel, back and fourth as hard as you can in the area where the glue is. I got all mine gone within a few hours, and any noticable color fade went back to normal after I washed and waxed the areas. Now mine looks great

Old 04-24-2007, 12:14 PM
1st Gear

He might be talking about how he can still see the ouline of everything in the paint. Paint does get faded by the sun over time. I detail cars everyday and I removed the A4 and the 1.8T from my silver 00 and you could slightly see the outlines in the paint. All you need to do then is run a high speed buffer over the area, obviously only do this if all the glue is gone and if this is your problem.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:26 PM
2nd Gear

This is all normal stuff for maintaining the paint, waiting to see pics of whats he talking about but im guessing he should be all good all good idea on how to take care of your car.

Quick Reply: i debadged but wtf....