Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I AM RETARDED

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 04:31 PM
1st Gear
Default I AM RETARDED

whats the dif between a 710n diverter valve and a bailey unit? why do people have a 710n and a n75 race valve?

Old 06-16-2006, 04:35 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: I AM RETARDED

i would like to take back my question.... i used the search function arent you guys proud of me?

Old 06-16-2006, 04:37 PM

explain your self mate?? what are you looking for?? tell us what you think about each item, whats your input and why??

Old 06-16-2006, 04:41 PM
3rd Gear

the 710n is the stock 225hp tt, it holds more boost then stock some people like them because they are a cheaper alternative to the more expensive name brand's I have an Evo DV, our stock Dv's have a paper Diaphragm that is week and tears, the 710n is storger not sure if its paper or not. as for the n75 valve there are a few the J,K, and H comonly know as the race valce some of the programs require you to use them other dont, they tend to give you higher spikes but i have not really noticed any increas in over all boost in my set up with the non pc-16 ko4 file i just get some crazy spikes sometimes i see as high as 25 on a cool night..

Old 06-16-2006, 04:49 PM

right I get it ish cough but now turning to the air box &filter (would you go cone or panel) which ever how would you decide the pipe diameter to the throttle body?? if you go too large it effects the upper limit of torque and vica versa similar to taking the air box resonator away not to mention the exhaust??

Old 06-16-2006, 04:50 PM

basically you can gain these limits without extreme mods like turbo

Old 06-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

the 710n is the stock 225hp tt, it holds more boost then stock some people like them because they are a cheaper alternative to the more expensive name brand's I have an Evo DV, our stock Dv's have a paper Diaphragm that is week and tears, the 710n is storger not sure if its paper or not. as for the n75 valve there are a few the J,K, and H comonly know as the race valce some of the programs require you to use them other dont, they tend to give you higher spikes but i have not really noticed any increas in over all boost in my set up with the non pc-16 ko4 file i just get some crazy spikes sometimes i see as high as 25 on a cool night..
The stock DV and 710N both use a rubber diaphramm. No software "requires" you to use a different kind of N75 valve, unless its BT software which requires you to use a MBC... The software is designed to work within the parameters of whatever is already on the engine, unless its a BT and the boost needs to be manualy adjusted. People get differnt N75 valves because they have different affects on the wastegate for the turbo which can result in smoother boost delivery/spiking elimination with an added 1 or 2 psi.

Old 06-16-2006, 04:57 PM

sort of stick on mods without any consideration of internals, lazy modder I call it

Old 06-16-2006, 05:01 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

The stock DV and 710N both use a rubber diaphramm. No software "requires" you to use a different kind of N75 valve, unless its BT software which requires you to use a MBC... The software is designed to work within the parameters of whatever is already on the engine, unless its a BT and the boost needs to be manualy adjusted. People get differnt N75 valves because they have different affects on the wastegate for the turbo which can result in smoother boost delivery/spiking elimination with an added 1 or 2 psi.
well i guess im the retarted one i thought it was paper oh well.. but i do know for a fact the dahlback programing recomends the N75 k valve.
and with my n75 h valve i didnt gain any boost its smoother but i have some issues with boost surges

Old 06-16-2006, 05:14 PM
1st Gear

so if your broke and arent even chipped yet just get the 710n?

Quick Reply: I AM RETARDED