Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to make a B5 - 2.8 Faster??????

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 05:23 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: How to make a B5 - 2.8 Faster??????

thats clever,thumbs up

Old 03-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Site Moderator

What is not cool is when the SAME questions are asked so frequently, and when someone with 77 posts asks THIS question, it is getting OLD. If people would take the time to read the New Member Welcome area, they can learn that this is a commonly asked question which gets covered ALL the time. It is insulting when you try to help people by refering them to the search link/FAQ's and the people with over 50 posts pay no attention to that.
From what I found, this link contains plenty of modding for 2.8ers:

https://www.audiforums.com/m_177186/tm.htm

From what I found, this link is one example of many found by using the search link that discusses how to make a 2.8 faster:

https://www.audiforums.com/m_177186/tm.htm

I dont consider anything that anyone has to say to me in an online forums group bad enough to take hard feelings..
Just because I own a 1.8t doesnt make me blind to the repetetive questions of how to make a 2.8 faster.. The question is asked ALMOST every single day in one form or another. i dont just pay attention to the questions referencing 1.8t's. I like to have a broad knowlege of all versions of the a4. I never talked **** about the 2.8 at all. I was talking **** to dragondesigns because he has been around here long enough to know the answer to his own question, and if not, he has been around long enough to use the search/FAQ's links for basic info such as this. So I dont think you need to go on the defense on his behalf and call me a ***** and claim that i have no life...

"you can memorize my facefrom the socalgtg pics,for the police sketch. " - Is this supposed to be some kind of threat?? Ha.. You shouldnt say such things to people who you dont know. You never know who is crazy enough to come track you down and shoot you. Another example of ignorance.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:27 PM
5th Gear

You forgot that to utilize that new found Hp you must add at least a two tier if not three tier wing
ORIGINAL: 18T

Yo this is waht you do...

easiest way to add a few hP is puting on some stickers, an rs4 badge, and switching the 2.8 to 8.2!!

Old 03-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Site Moderator

Dont forget to take out the spare tire.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:35 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: avanttripleloop

once again there go the 1.8ers talking about cars they dont own.onepoint8tee talks s**t and is such a ***** he wont say where he lives and has his email hidden,get a life bro.fact guide by grause has very little info on the 2.830v and is geared more towards the 3.0 b6.since i own a 2.830v i know you are just looking for a little more hp/tq to get rid of flat spots and to have a little better responce at lower driving speeds.a thread was posted "got my 2.8 chipped",he was very happy with the change in his car and said there was a noticeable improvement,only to be insulted by 1.8ers. i use +104 and know it makes a difference similar to how the car performes with or without a/c on,and you know how the a/c robbs power big time,only to be capped on by 1.8ers mostly that have never used them.it really works.k&n drop in filter is a must.good plugs,not excess like nology.cant get a lot more power inexpensively and prb not worth the supercharger with higher miles on a b5.i dont know about exhaust but i have very little exhaust pressure from pipes at idle with no leaks, and noticed same with socalaudi's 2.8 also.

I was happy for him and I am a 1.8ter. I didnt insult him at all infact I defended his claim on the noticed difference.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:43 PM
1st Gear

once again there go the 1.8ers talking about cars they dont own.onepoint8tee talks s**t and is such a ***** he wont say where he lives and has his email hidden,get a life bro.fact guide by grause has very little info on the 2.830v and is geared more towards the 3.0 b6.since i own a 2.830v i know you are just looking for a little more hp/tq to get rid of flat spots and to have a little better responce at lower driving speeds.a thread was posted "got my 2.8 chipped",he was very happy with the change in his car and said there was a noticeable improvement,only to be insulted by 1.8ers. i use +104 and know it makes a difference similar to how the car performes with or without a/c on,and you know how the a/c robbs power big time,only to be capped on by 1.8ers mostly that have never used them.it really works.k&n drop in filter is a must.good plugs,not excess like nology.cant get a lot more power inexpensively and prb not worth the supercharger with higher miles on a b5.i dont know about exhaust but i have very little exhaust pressure from pipes at idle with no leaks, and noticed same with socalaudi's 2.8 also.

Thanks for understanding bro. My mechanic suggested new plugs as well. I will look online for a drop-in K&N filter & some new plugs. I just need it to go a little faster than what it is now. The car has 98k miles, so I definitely don't want to spend too much money on it. Hopefully I can sell it in a year or so and get a b6 with low mileage.

You know exactly what I am trying to accomplish.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Site Moderator

Plugs arent gunna do anything for you unless yours are already bad.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:51 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: dragondesigns

Thanks for understanding bro. My mechanic suggested new plugs as well. I will look online for a drop-in K&N filter & some new plugs. I just need it to go a little faster than what it is now. The car has 98k miles, so I definitely don't want to spend too much money on it. Hopefully I can sell it in a year or so and get a b6 with low mileage.

You know exactly what I am trying to accomplish.
skip the drop in and get a cai I hear it helps the big flat spot alot. Best bang for your buck IMHO.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:38 PM
1st Gear

i was playing off your insinuation from "if i go to dublin come see you"that sounds like a threat to me.sounds like another dish it out but cant take it.and then another one on top of that.it would be pretty foolish to take a threat to heart from a nationwide forum.it's one line on a forum,and its a different engine than yours,you didnt have to read it.it should'nt make or break your day.we can all read specs from the makers and testers but when someone can say they personally have something with a direct testimonial,that says much more than an ad.we all have audi's here,we dont need to be insulted by one another.

Old 03-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Site Moderator

i was playing off your insinuation from "if i go to dublin come see you"that sounds like a threat to me.sounds like another dish it out but cant take it.and then another one on top of that.it would be pretty foolish to take a threat to heart from a nationwide forum.it's one line on a forum,and its a different engine than yours,you didnt have to read it.it should'nt make or break your day.we can all read specs from the makers and testers but when someone can say they personally have something with a direct testimonial,that says much more than an ad.we all have audi's here,we dont need to be insulted by one another.
I wasnt threatening you. I was thinking if you actually knew me, you wouldnt say that i have no life or am a *****. I wasnt trying to dish you anything. The Search is overflowing with direct testimonials regarding mods for a 2.8.

Quick Reply: How to make a B5 - 2.8 Faster??????