Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to make a B5 - 2.8 Faster??????

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 04:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: How to make a B5 - 2.8 Faster??????

This has to be one of the most asked q's around here along with the "wanna buy a car, what should i look for", but at least those are understandable bc they are new to the site.

There's a FAQ link with an extensive documentation on modding 2.8's, check it.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:20 PM
1st Gear

once again there go the 1.8ers talking about cars they dont own.onepoint8tee talks s**t and is such a ***** he wont say where he lives and has his email hidden,get a life bro.fact guide by grause has very little info on the 2.830v and is geared more towards the 3.0 b6.since i own a 2.830v i know you are just looking for a little more hp/tq to get rid of flat spots and to have a little better responce at lower driving speeds.a thread was posted "got my 2.8 chipped",he was very happy with the change in his car and said there was a noticeable improvement,only to be insulted by 1.8ers. i use +104 and know it makes a difference similar to how the car performes with or without a/c on,and you know how the a/c robbs power big time,only to be capped on by 1.8ers mostly that have never used them.it really works.k&n drop in filter is a must.good plugs,not excess like nology.cant get a lot more power inexpensively and prb not worth the supercharger with higher miles on a b5.i dont know about exhaust but i have very little exhaust pressure from pipes at idle with no leaks, and noticed same with socalaudi's 2.8 also.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:22 PM
2nd Gear

drive downhill with a tailwind

thats how you make a 2.8 faster without a s/c

Old 03-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: avanttripleloop

once again there go the 1.8ers talking about cars they dont own.onepoint8tee talks s**t and is such a ***** he wont say where he lives and has his email hidden,get a life bro.fact guide by grause has very little info on the 2.830v and is geared more towards the 3.0 b6.since i own a 2.830v i know you are just looking for a little more hp/tq to get rid of flat spots and to have a little better responce at lower driving speeds.a thread was posted "got my 2.8 chipped",he was very happy with the change in his car and said there was a noticeable improvement,only to be insulted by 1.8ers. i use +104 and know it makes a difference similar to how the car performes with or without a/c on,and you know how the a/c robbs power big time,only to be capped on by 1.8ers mostly that have never used them.it really works.k&n drop in filter is a must.good plugs,not excess like nology.cant get a lot more power inexpensively and prb not worth the supercharger with higher miles on a b5.i dont know about exhaust but i have very little exhaust pressure from pipes at idle with no leaks, and noticed same with socalaudi's 2.8 also.
Thanks for the kind words... The fact is... This has nothing to do with 1.8t Vs. 2.8, he is asking a question that the answer can be found by 1 of 3 simple ways.. He can A: On any given day, Scroll down a few lines to see that his question has been asked already in the past 2 days. B: Refer to the2.8/3.0 FAQ's (it is there for a reason). Or C: Do a search. You dont know me so please dont make assumptions such as me not having a life, or am a *****.. Thats just being ignorant.
PS I live in Dublin, Ohio, let me know if you are ever in the area.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:33 PM
5th Gear

LOL I only like ford trucks... the cars are ****, well they are now at least..... I have a 66 mustang and love it but after like 70 they went to **** and have stayed that way
ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

Hey Ford is the **** thats why he uses them as examples
Im pretty sure you are joking
[&:]You are joking arent you?
Oh my god i think he's serious...
[:@]I just threw up in my mouth again...
[:'(]Gross,

Old 03-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Site Moderator

LOL I only like ford trucks... the cars are ****, well they are now at least..... I have a 66 mustang and love it but after like 70 they went to **** and have stayed that way
ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Hey Ford is the **** thats why he uses them as examples
Im pretty sure you are joking
[&:]You are joking arent you?
Oh my god i think he's serious...
[:@]I just threw up in my mouth again...
[:'(]Gross,
Yeah i forgot to put that in the post... Ford trucks are good stuff..

Old 03-27-2006, 05:06 PM
1st Gear

i think the point is you own a 1.8,he is asking a question about a 2.8.and as for kind words,you are calling people dumbasses and retarded,ignorant huh,and once again2.8/3.0 fact guide has very little info concerning the 2.8.i didnt say anything about 1.8vs2.8.he asked a question about a 2.8,if you own a 1.8,why are you replying,i'm not saying you cant,but why talk s**t on something you dont own.is there a problem with reading and comprehension?sure,if i'm ever in dublin,ohio i'll let you know.you can memorize my facefrom the socalgtg pics,for the police sketch.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: liquidxit2

ORIGINAL: ryanmcell

na and fast are two words that are never cheap....

I beg to differ....427 in a shelby cobra, 454 with rollerrockers, hurst 442, pre 2003 cobras/mach1, ls1's.

They all can be had for the price af a semi new a4. All are very fast = low 13's or lower.

But we are talking about an audi so yes an AUDI NA and fast= not cheap, but not all NA cars are ex[pensive to go fast.
v8's are easy to make stupid fast... im sorry i meant na & fast in an audi....

Old 03-27-2006, 05:08 PM
1st Gear

actually no hard feelings but its not very cool when people get insulted

Old 03-27-2006, 05:14 PM
18T
4th Gear

Yo this is waht you do...

easiest way to add a few hP is puting on some stickers, an rs4 badge, and switching the 2.8 to 8.2!!

Quick Reply: How to make a B5 - 2.8 Faster??????