Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How is look HID without Projector

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 08:12 PM
3rd Gear
Default How is look HID without Projector

Hello Dear Friends.

I hate my headlights... They look so old and unclear&dirty. It does not even match my clear corners as well.

I need some B5 pics with HID without prejector lights. I know you guys will not recommended to do it without prejector lights, but I have my blue look stupid lights which does not bright enough to see anything at night. [:@]

I dont want to spend money on prejector headlights now, but I do want to spend money on HID, maybe later on I can buy projector headlights.

If any of you use hid without projector please post a pic, so I can have some ideas how is it going to look like.

Sorry for long and boring post...

Old 01-03-2006, 08:15 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: How is look HID without Projector

i know you just said that you dont want projectors but you want HIDs but if you bought the projectors it will change the look (obvisouly) and the light output.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:20 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: sandman

i know you just said that you dont want projectors but you want HIDs but if you bought the projectors it will change the look (obvisouly) and the light output.
at least I can have "bright" 8000k right ? not like that cheap bulbs ?

Old 01-03-2006, 08:41 PM
2nd Gear

just dont get HID and get projectors it makes a wold of difference and probably cheaper

Old 01-03-2006, 09:10 PM
4th Gear

Mjvss21, I don't understand your post.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:23 PM
2nd Gear

im saying just get some projecter headlights but dont get the HID kit, sorry for the spelling errors

Old 01-03-2006, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

theres a recent post with stock headlights with hid baq to baq

Old 01-04-2006, 12:32 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: ExpLlclT

theres a recent post with stock headlights with hid baq to baq
https://www.audiforums.com/m_190122/tm.htm

I think this is the post that you are talking, but as you see it is not what I try to say. I am talking about real HIDs, not he fake bulbs. I already fake bulbs that I am not happy with. b/c of that I want to go with real HID to have better brightness. b/c cheap bulbs have big vision problems wet nights...

If you are talking about different post, so let me know please

Thanks

Old 01-04-2006, 01:40 AM
1st Gear

thats my post u were talking about. Your are right, my lights are not real HID's, just look alikes. HID's, however, are not easy or cheap to install. For the true HID system, you are going to spend $300-$400 plus instalation. And you proably will need instalation since the entire headlight system needs to be replaced.

Old 01-04-2006, 01:48 AM
1st Gear

Go with the projectors and throw in some 5K or 6K halogen bulbs and that in its self will make a world of difference. Having the projectors will illuminate more a certain area and give you a much better visual when driving at night. It is still hard to believe that people can still drive with the regular defraction headlights with 3300 K sulfur bulbs. You can't see anything at night, and kiss your vision goodbye in the rain. Go with the projectors with clear corners.

Quick Reply: How is look HID without Projector