Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you afford your mods??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 06:22 PM
Default RE: How do you afford your mods??

i am kidding. but i have been on the other side of the ball, ive had 2 of mine stolen in 3 years

Old 06-13-2007, 06:27 PM
1st Gear

luckerly enough nothing has been stolen on my car. but i would hunt them down and kill the bleeders for even being near my a4.
the ones that i made are heldtight by tie-raps and held inplace by the clips on the grills, so its a lil' harder for them to pull them out, they gotta come prepared.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:32 PM

good idea!

btw whats your street address. . . ?

Old 06-13-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm make believe

just go sell your sperm, you know your going to do it anyways, might as well get paid for it!!

Old 06-13-2007, 06:42 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

just go sell your sperm, you know your going to do it anyways, might as well get paid for it!!
WOW...I could get paid like 4 or 5 times a day at the rate I am at...haha

Old 06-13-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm make believe

see all that $$ you have been wasting in that towel.... man i just grossed myself out.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:08 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Munzter

I was curious how all you guys afford your mods. I would like to do some mods to my A4 1.8TQ I got last August but so far have spent $2000 dollar at the dealership doing preventative maintenance, $600 dollars on new brakes, $600 on new tires, and will be spending another $500 for tie rods and some other stuff. After rent, bills, car payment, credit card payment, gas, and food I have absolutely no money to do mods when making $33000 a year. Do alot of you guys just make alot of money and can put the extra money you make into your car or do you guys just throw it on the credit card to worry about later? Just curious.
Eat ramen noodles for lunch and dinner, toast and cofee for breakfast, not only will you lose weight (which will also increase your power to wieght ratio!) but you will have a lot more money for mods.
A little DIY will save you a bunch of money, and you could always call Geico and save 15% on your car insurance!

Old 06-14-2007, 03:12 PM
3rd Gear

Old 06-14-2007, 03:55 PM
1st Gear

you can get tie-rod ends for $55.00 each, only need 2, and only take 10 minutes swap out, easy maintenance.
Yah, that is how much they quoted me for the part, but I also need to replace the upper rear passenger side control arm which they said is $60. I luckily found two tie rod ends on craigslist, brand new,$15 for both, but will have to pay full price for the control arm. I don't know where the hell the guy got $500 from, I will have to ask him about it when I bring it in. They do charge $85/hr in labor. Lately I have been having Addict Motorsports do all my work for me rather than the stealership. I should have known better than to take it to the dealership, it was for all the first repairs, but I haven't brought it back there since. I'm kinda pissed because after only having my A4 for just under a year, I have already spent $3200, and my clutch may be going soon, arghhhh. The thing that really pisses me off is I just found an S4 on craigslist, black on black, with coil overs, apr stage 1 chip, and rims for $16000. I purchased my 2000 1.8TQfor $13000 after taxes, and with all the money I have spent so far on it, I could have got an S4 for less money. Bums me out.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:07 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Audi A Fizzle

DIY

and/or. . .

what i do is go around and steal lower bumper grilles and sell them on ebay
So if I see mine go missing I am coming straight to you first!!! Considering we live in the same town and all... However, if you need help LMK and I will help you out. 50/50 sound good?

Josh

Quick Reply: How do you afford your mods??