Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I know if I have a B5 or not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 08:52 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: How do I know if I have a B5 or not?

ORIGINAL: skrammoof

The B7 front grille is horrific IMO. 'Nuff said.
Agreed, B7 is my least favorite Audi's... Other than the RS4, no thanks!

B6 > B5 > B7 - Looks

B5 > B6 > B7 - Modding / Avaliable Parts

But I'd still rather see a B6 modded, with wide body kit.. they practically already look wide. Its insanely hot

Thats the car before the debadge and tint.. with the debadge and tint it makes it look even more clean so it looks wider... Love it, when i finally do get rims I wanna get staggered or whatever so my back tires are bigger for a wide effect

Old 05-13-2007, 09:56 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: Amze

But hitting 80-100 on straight, hard braking, sliding into turns marked 20.. going up and down into curves and twisties on small 1 lane back roads is insane fun.
And you're doing this on stock suspension? I have a hard time believing that because they understeer like no ones business, especially if you are running street rubber.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:26 PM
3rd Gear

Well clearly those idiots don't drive an Audi, or aren't car people. Its so easy to pop the hood and show them its a 2.8 liter, not a twin turbo, not a 3.2... its a effing B5, thats not even comparable to an 07, so I just don't get where your going with that... even to the eye there entirely 100% different cars. I could see them mistaking your ride as an B5 S4... cause that could happen, cause your debadged.. but pop the hood... and wow its a 2.8 liter, so wtf?

ya thats pretty much what it comes down to is me popping my hood and asking them where the turbo is.

i was down in scottsdale the other day and some rich lambo owner asked what kind of audi i had, i told him an a4 and he almost shi* himself, he asked how much hassle i was given trying to get it over to the states cuz of my german plate, lol, i just said with money anything can be done, and that he should know that... lol, but nonetheless im sure if that same lambo owner saw your car he wouldnt have even looked twice.

its amazing what a rs4 grille with some chrome mirror caps and an lltek lower grille matched with ecode xenons and a german plate will do for the car. Than you see my wheels tucked nicely under my fenders and a phatty 3" deep dish on my rims, trust me you would look a good three or four times if i passed you.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:33 PM
4th Gear

haha, thats funny man...

Sigh @ a lambo owner being that pathetic

Old 05-13-2007, 10:35 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

But hitting 80-100 on straight, hard braking, sliding into turns marked 20.. going up and down into curves and twisties on small 1 lane back roads is insane fun.
And you're doing this on stock suspension? I have a hard time believing that because they understeer like no ones business, especially if you are running street rubber.
I'm being honest... And I don't feel any understeer at all.. I really push my car to the limit, there are amazing backroads all over back here. I'm curious if people can keep up with me, I can really make my car move. Yesterday I wen't through a really tight S weave and pushed 60 through the entire thing, that was pushinnnngggg it, it held on well with minor slide, and felt so amazing. But yeah man, I really do.

My dad thinks my car has been lowered... mabye I have sport suspension... but my car doesn't have the sport steering wheel... so[&:] unsure

Old 05-13-2007, 10:37 PM
4th Gear

I don't have a ton of wheel gap, and I'm rocking 17 inch rims.. so? Anyone think it could have been lowered?

Old 05-13-2007, 10:52 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

My dad thinks my car has been lowered... mabye I have sport suspension... but my car doesn't have the sport steering wheel... so[&:] unsure
Huh... I have the sport wheel, and no sport suspension. Maybe some guys at the factory were bored and decided to mix things up to see if anyone in QC would notice.

Old 05-13-2007, 11:34 PM
4th Gear

Well wouldn't I be a lucky duck... I don't know man... I'm unsure. Is there anyway I can accuratly find out?

Old 05-13-2007, 11:54 PM
3rd Gear

sport springs are red, and its also pretty easy to tell if your car has been lowered... how many fingers of gap do you have? on my lowered b5 i can fit one finger. if your 1-2 fingers than its lowered, if its anymore than that than probably not... just look at your shocks, see if there yellow or blue or any other color than the stock black, also the sport springs are red. they are equivelant to eibach's pro kit.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:39 AM
4th Gear

I'm being honest... And I don't feel any understeer at all.. I really push my car to the limit
Not calling you out or anything but...if you push ANY audi on STOCK suspension, especially the B6, to the limits you will get understeer. Even the RS4 has understeer, that overhanging engine plus weight is Audi's achilles heel.