Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I know if I have a B5 or not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 04:11 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: How do I know if I have a B5 or not?

ORIGINAL: A4Tuner.

B5s own the allB6's. I bet half of this forum has B5s
Well the cheaper the car, the more people will have it. So yes. more people have B5's then B6's or B7's...

Cause people want an Audi for 6-10 grand...

Old 05-13-2007, 07:20 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

ORIGINAL: Amze

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

Look at your car. If it's ultra fugly, it's a B6, if it's kinda fugly, then its a B7, but if it's damn sexy, you have a B5
Says the dude with the ugliest rims ever.
And I bet I've had more fun on my 'ugly' rims than you'll ever have on those wannabe Lexus spokes.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:24 PM

alright fellas lets settle down here..each car has its ups and downs..and your own car is always gonna look good to you..so to each their own

Old 05-13-2007, 07:34 PM
1st Gear

My .02...

I've always loved the B5 body style- you guys who mentioned it having a timeless shape are correct. In 20 years, I'm sure I'll still love the lines on the B5's....BUT- my personal preference (and the reason I bought one) is the more rounded lines of the B6, not to mention I prefer the feel of the interior on my B6 to the B5's I've been in.

But damn it, they're all Audi's and they're all DAMN SEXY. Calling my car "ultra fugly" makes me cry.....and load my .45

Old 05-13-2007, 07:44 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

I'll see your .45, and raise you my 12ga automatic.

The B6 does have a really nice interior, the B5 is more utilitarian. It's kinda like going from the same car, one with a base level interior and the other has the executive trim package.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:00 PM
3rd Gear

once again, people ask if my b5 is a 2007 all the time... they claim its an '07 s4, ha... ive actually had arguments with people that swore my car was an s4, im like... ya ok idiots...

and non-audi drivers always tell me they just messed it up when they went away from the b5 body style... but once again i think the b6's are sick as hell, only with painted lowers tho. cuz the lowers are entirely too big to not be painted, its like half the car is grey when theyre not painted lol. but the fender flares on the b6 are un beatable.

i like the front end of the b5 better as well... the b6 front end is still tight but the big single grille on the b7 is disgusting. When audi went away with the split grilles i almost threw up

Old 05-13-2007, 08:06 PM
1st Gear

The B7 front grille is horrific IMO. 'Nuff said.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:07 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

The B7 runs on rice, and it needs the huge grille to swallow a civic and still have room for a prelude!

Old 05-13-2007, 08:46 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

Look at your car. If it's ultra fugly, it's a B6, if it's kinda fugly, then its a B7, but if it's damn sexy, you have a B5
Says the dude with the ugliest rims ever.
And I bet I've had more fun on my 'ugly' rims than you'll ever have on those wannabe Lexus spokes.
My rims are bad, but damn... and yeah I'm sure you have.

To bad my backyard is practically an auto-cross.... ask Jeff.

We've been back there in both my ride and his Evo, its quite a kick. And flying around back there is just as fun, if not more fun than an Autocross course. Its insane fun, so I guess you've had more fun in your car, if you think so

But hitting 80-100 on straight, hard braking, sliding into turns marked 20.. going up and down into curves and twisties on small 1 lane back roads is insane fun.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:50 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: AteUrV8

once again, people ask if my b5 is a 2007 all the time... they claim its an '07 s4, ha... ive actually had arguments with people that swore my car was an s4, im like... ya ok idiots...

and non-audi drivers always tell me they just messed it up when they went away from the b5 body style... but once again i think the b6's are sick as hell, only with painted lowers tho. cuz the lowers are entirely too big to not be painted, its like half the car is grey when theyre not painted lol. but the fender flares on the b6 are un beatable.

i like the front end of the b5 better as well... the b6 front end is still tight but the big single grille on the b7 is disgusting. When audi went away with the split grilles i almost threw up
Well clearly those idiots don't drive an Audi, or aren't car people. Its so easy to pop the hood and show them its a 2.8 liter, not a twin turbo, not a 3.2... its a effing B5, thats not even comparable to an 07, so I just don't get where your going with that... even to the eye there entirely 100% different cars. I could see them mistaking your ride as an B5 S4... cause that could happen, cause your debadged.. but pop the hood... and wow its a 2.8 liter, so wtf?