Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I know if I have a B5 or not?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 09:33 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: How do I know if I have a B5 or not?

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

Well, it all started waaaaaaaaay back when someone asked a pretty dumb question, and then it turned into a B5/B6 flame war, and then people started making outrageous claims about their cars because of obvious ***** envy. I totally didn't need to get into that, being black and all, but then we all realized that Santa Clause reads this forum and now we're not going to get any gifts this year...
I'm half black too... from the waist down. [8D]

Santa reads this forum??! NOOOOOO!!!!

Old 05-20-2007, 09:36 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Capt. Obvious

Well crap Tim, I didn't know we were here to measure our e-***** with this thread. I'm very impressed with the giant stereo in your car. I had a huge stereo in my car when I was 16 also. And if you really want to play the "my wheel lip is bigger than your wheel lip" game, my $5000HRE's with a 4.5" lip will be happy to play with your $1200 Les Schwab wheels any day. Also, while we have the tape measure out, I'm very impressed with the FIVE whole cars you've been able to own so far in your obviously illustrious semi-charmed life. It's also great to know how fast some of them were. I'll be sure to tell my 11-second 400+whp Mitsubishi Eclipse all about it...

Seriously man, grow up. It doesn't bother me that you don't like my car, people have opinions and are entitled to them, but it doesn't give you a license to be a huge douchebag about it.

PS- Grammar checkers are your friend.
hmmm.....seems as though you contradict yourself a bit with that last post......

--E

Old 05-20-2007, 09:44 PM
1st Gear

Meh.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:17 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: LampyB

Capt. Obvious-

Your rims look like crap smeared all over a beautiful car. Don't rip on someone else's setup unless yours is unbelievable.
(it definitely isn't, you've got civic rims)

LampyB.
Haven't read any of this thread at all... but I did check out those "rims" (WHEELS!) that you were flaming... Umm, those are NOT civic wheels. Three piece with a big lip... they're pretty damned sweet, if you ask me.

EDIT: Just read the whole thread... I'll never get those precious minutes of my life back.
I've said this so many times... but I'll say it again. I am somewhat partial to the B5 body style, as I do own one... but I think the B6 USP is my favourite of all the A4's. Also, my dad has a B6, and everytime I am in the thing, I want to sell my car. Sure, it's heavier, it's slower, it may not handle as well... but it just feels so much better put together than my car.
Maybe after I fix the handful of little problems with my car, I'll love it again. I'm hoping this is the case...

Old 05-20-2007, 11:34 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: LampyB

Capt. Obvious-

Your rims look like crap smeared all over a beautiful car. Don't rip on someone else's setup unless yours is unbelievable.
(it definitely isn't, you've got civic rims)

LampyB.
looks like to me from your sigyou drive a wagon?
yet yoursayinghis.. again.. wheels, not rims.. look like crap.
somewhat hypocritical if you ask me ..

Old 05-20-2007, 11:40 PM
3rd Gear

avants are pretty sweet.....especially compared to a jeep...

--E

Old 05-20-2007, 11:44 PM
1st Gear

wasnt saying they werent, but its still hypocritical 'cause avants are "unbelievable."
and my jeep would have ripped probably 75% of the audis on this website a new *******

Old 05-20-2007, 11:47 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: 98jeep5nine

then how come you dont drive one
and my jeep would have probably taken the win over 80% of the audis on this forum.
Ah, the B5/B6/B7 debate just about put me in a coma... I don't think we need an Audi vs. Jeep 'discussion'.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:50 PM
3rd Gear

oy vey...im lost....he's hypocrytical b/c he said the rims look like crap..and he drives an avant....so therefore you suggest that avants look like crap...and now you go to say that you like avants...bro...choose something...and i could care less about a jeep ripping an audi..its a friggin jeep....

--E

Old 05-20-2007, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

hahah no i'm saying hes hypcritical because he said that you shouldnt rip on another guys car unless yours is unbelievable. which seems to me his avant is not.
i dont particularly care for them.. rather have a sedan.

and that's what makes it so much better..
its a friggin jeep.

aerodynamics are overrated [8D]