Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How are audi's with NoS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 03:00 AM
1st Gear
Default re: bentframe

What he says is on the money...

But one thing that is left out is that the NOS and the like are not telling you the whole truth!

YOU CAN NOT RUN NO2 WITHOUT FORGED PISTIONS AND RINGS ETC...DOING SO IS BEYOND DUMB.

Let me ask you this! Would you run 112 octane in your car? Why not? because it would scorch the engine!

I tell you the truth, get to know a guy like me who like to tear down engines just to see the blown to hepp crap inside.

Added boost from a turbo upgrade is different in so many ways...long story than No2 is!~

Old 04-17-2005, 03:29 AM
Administrator
Default RE: re: bentframe

alot of people run NOS on stock internals

Old 06-09-2005, 03:20 AM
1st Gear

ok i was just reading through some old stuff and stumbled across this, and im gonna sort some stuff out, so shoot me im bored!!

YOU CAN NOT RUN NO2 WITHOUT FORGED PISTIONS AND RINGS ETC...DOING SO IS BEYOND DUMB.

Let me ask you this! Would you run 112 octane in your car? Why not? because it would scorch the engine!
dude, what are you talking about??? do you even know?

firstly nitrous is fine on your engine if it is setup and tuned correctly. all it it doing is adding more fuel to the engine along with an oxidant(nitrous) this just creates more combustion, thus more power. if your engine is strong enough to take the power your fine, its just like making changes to anything else that adds power(chip, intake, exhaust, etc)

secondly, how would 112 octane fuel "scorch the engine"? PLEASE explain this to me!! or shall it explain why your wrong? ok heres the basic version. the LOWER the octane rating the faster it burns(ie 85 burns fastest), the faster the air/fuel charge burns the hotter it burns, heat is one for the major causes of engine failure, especially when it gets hot enough to attack specific points on your piston(this is called detonation), soon the piston is gone. the HIGHER octane you use the SLOWER the burn will be, which means a cooler more controlled burn... to an extent. if you run too high of octane you run the risk of not burning all the gas during combustion, all this really does is make your engine run really bad, kill any cats on the car, as well as oxygen sensors, but it will certainly not "schorch your engine".

the difference between wet and dry nitrous systems,
a wet system injects nitrous(in liquid/gas form) along with fuel(usually teed off a fuel line) directly into your intake system. The amounts are controlled by little jets, much like you would find in any carburator. this method is usually considered safer IF you know what your doing, if you set it up wrong you could potentially cause some heavy damage, very fast.
A dry system only injects nitrous into the intake, then it relys on a way to trick the ecu into injecting more fuel, these systems are very easy to install, but your relying on something else to inject the fuel for you, also less tunable.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:21 AM

not sure if u wnat it in a 1.8T thou i thought the cylinder walls were on the thin side. Just what i thought i heard. Not sure never actually measured it?