Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How are audi's with NoS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 01:31 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: How are audi's with NoS?

make sure you get the zex after your chip then....but they don't list audis on there, not even vw....i doubt they're compatible with our ecus....

Old 04-17-2005, 01:41 AM
1st Gear

Even if i plan on being around 250-300 horse b4 i use it??

Old 04-17-2005, 01:44 AM
1st Gear

Why don't you ask the manufacturers? I'm sure they know a lot more than all of us FI guys, and they'll tell you straight up what's safe and what isn't. You might be surprised how helpful all the Support@nitrouscompany guys can be.

Old 04-17-2005, 01:45 AM

good point

Old 04-17-2005, 01:48 AM
5th Gear

mmmmm, i don't know, i'd be leery....i'm sure those guys know alot, but they may not know much about audis specifically...and even if they don't, they're going to pretend like they do (they work for the company, they want you to buy their product)

Old 04-17-2005, 01:50 AM
5th Gear

you should post on the performance forum over at aw...you may get more educated responses with something like this...so dave, any idea if my wet/dry descriptions are correct? cause i'm not 100% sure..

Old 04-17-2005, 01:57 AM
1st Gear

David.....cant find the Venom kit for audi's anywhere.........where the hell did u get yours.....and wut it cost? round $800 or so?

Old 04-17-2005, 02:03 AM

if it is not abused it will work woth ur car fine. Just make sure u get a computer to control it, and i think most system can have one installed with it but not all come with one. You only need to start worrying when u get into the 150 and up range with nos. Rember the higher the hp the bigger the explsion inside the engine.

Old 04-17-2005, 02:32 AM
5th Gear

i found this on some random website...by A4 he means an A4 Z28....

Wet vs Dry Kits
A wet system has a fuel solenoid and a nitrous solenoid. So...the extra fuel that is needed when spraying nitrous is supplied through a solenoid and a jet. With a dry system you only supply nitrous to the engine but the nitrous is routed through the MAF sensor so that your engine's fuel injectors are instructed to supply the additional fuel. Your fuel pump must be up to the task in either case but your injectors must also be up to the task with a dry system.
The cons of a wet kit are that you have a fuel 'noid and if it fails, disaster, only one N2O 'noid (if it sticks wide open, disaster), fuel is not distributed as efficiently or evenly, fuel can puddle in the intake manifold (which was never meant to flow fuel saturated air) and cause an intake backfire, bottle pressure is crucial because it affects the fuel/air ratio, if the bottle goes empty during a run or the N2O flow is stopped for any reason your car goes extremely rich, and tuning is not done by the computer.

The ONLY reasons I can see to have a wet kit on an LS1 is that you want the capability to run an extra 25 hp shot on the stock fuel system or if you need to spray a really large shot (200 HP+) that would be too high for the MAF sensor to report. Still, even with that extra 25 hp I've yet to see an internally stock A4 with a wet kit and a stock fuel system run higher traps than what I've done with this dry kit. Trap speed equals power!

The cons of a dry kit are that if you want to go higher than a 125hp shot (or 150hp on a '98) you will need bigger injectors and soon thereafter, an additional fuel pump. With a wet kit you can go to a 150hp shot right off the bat and then you'll need an additional fuel pump if you want to go bigger but no injectors.

Old 04-17-2005, 02:39 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bentframe

mmmmm, i don't know, i'd be leery....i'm sure those guys know alot, but they may not know much about audis specifically...and even if they don't, they're going to pretend like they do (they work for the company, they want you to buy their product)
bent that is not true im a salesman myself, Yes i would love to sale the product to a customer but if it does not meet there needs or if my product is not safe for them i will not sell them it now. other companies will do the same