Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How are audi's with NoS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 11:15 PM
1st Gear
Default How are audi's with NoS?

I'm not sure if any of you know, but i plan on gettin an audi 1.8t within the next few months....

When i get it, i'll have enough money to throw in exhaust,FMIC,chip,intake,DV,short throw, and maybe a KO4 soon after that...

I was just wondering, after those mods, will i be able to run NoS(actually ZEX, the safer version) without any problems? How are audi's with nos and is there anything else i would need to do to run it safely? Im talkin about prolly a 50 shot......

Old 04-16-2005, 11:20 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: How are audi's with NoS?

You wanna run the dry system or Wet ?
It al;l depends on how much you going to use it
but the internals should be able to handle it if it hasent been abused

Old 04-16-2005, 11:20 PM
2nd Gear

I have no idea. I would not recommend Nos for any car with any engine. It is really harsh and really eats away @ the car. But hey, its your car have fun tell us how it turns out.

Old 04-16-2005, 11:50 PM
1st Gear

Yea i realize that NOS isnt a great idea but it is still a good bang for your buck if u can do it rite. Thatrs y im jus tryin to get it layed out for me so i can know wut to do if i want to run it. I would never run it if i didnt think my car was sufficiently equipped to run it with no problems.

ShaunP....wuts the diff between wet and dry??

Old 04-17-2005, 12:03 AM

I used it. it worked just fine. its extreamly safe now. nitrous has really come a long way. just make sure you have it installed and you get a dyno tune.

Old 04-17-2005, 12:24 AM
1st Gear

Great. Thanx David......any suggestions on wet or dry? and wuts the difference?

Old 04-17-2005, 12:54 AM
5th Gear

i don't know much about nos....but i'm gonna tell you what i think i know....a wet kit is injected into the fuel system (liquid), and a dry kit is injected into the air intake (gas)....i don't think a 50 shot would do much damage as long as you don't abuse it....what's this zex stuff?

Old 04-17-2005, 01:17 AM
1st Gear

WEll it would seem that with the exaust, intake, and upgraded turbo - a dry system would be supported much better cause i'll hopefully have great airflow.

ZEX is the same thing as NoS. I belevie it contains it's own computer thats bolted on under your hood. You still get a bottle of NoS but i guess its just less harmful to your engine. Im not sure about much of it either but a few of my buddy's have it and they say its just a much better system. It hasnt done anything harmful to their engines either.....I suppsoed the compter that ZeX installs coincides with your cars computer to put out safe yet efficient timings, fuel/air ratio, etc. while sill giving your car a nice shot. They have certian kits for certain cars because it obviously needs to know the stock settings on your car. AS far as i know, thats wut im going to get if it comes down to it.

Old 04-17-2005, 01:21 AM
1st Gear

check that out....

http://www.powerandperformancenews.c...tegory_Code=NX

Old 04-17-2005, 01:31 AM

you wanna use venom. its expensive but its all computer controleld so you could safley run about 100 shot