Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hotwiring a B5 A4 and some other questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 01:20 AM
1st Gear
Default Hotwiring a B5 A4 and some other questions...

I need a wiring schematic for the ignition on a B5 A4. I had one handed to me but the steering colum and tranny are locked. Mostly I need the tranny unlocked, but the steering colum would be really nice to have undone without have to drill the cylinder off.

Also, would a 1998 A4 have a transceiver in the key? I got the ignition and starter circuits shorted and she seemed to want to fire up...it was just unexpected...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 06-25-2007, 01:36 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Hotwiring a B5 A4 and some other questions...

lol, do you wanna know how to steal an a4?

Old 06-25-2007, 01:44 AM
1st Gear

yeah...stealing it...I figured it'd be safe to use my internet persona, which is easily linked to just about any form of IRL contact information anyone could want for me, to ask abouot how to pull it off...I'm one of "those" theives.

I pointed out what's up in the first line. Car is a gimme but it has no keys.

Old 06-25-2007, 04:19 AM

i cant tell if your serious or playin about stealing that a4 lol

Old 06-25-2007, 05:22 AM
1st Gear

It's pretty sad that I can ask a couple of reletively simple questions...one of which any of you B5 owners can answer with an even simpler three letter or two letter word...and that I've asked these questions on an Audi forum and I had to get the answers from a member on GSTwins. All I managed to get on the Audi forum was nonsense from people who can't be bothered with reading...and a horribly frustrating waste of my time considering I waited through this ridiculous slough of ads to load on a dial up connection before I could even write a word.

Thanks

Old 06-25-2007, 06:30 AM

I think most people are iffy about telling someone how to steal their "baby". You know you could just go to the audi dealership with papers showing you own the car and the VIN number and have them recut you a new key right?

Old 06-25-2007, 06:49 AM

I would agree with ^^^ even a wiring diagram wont help because its an immobiliser thing so probably built into the ECU,

hotwiring a car is probably a bad way to ask a question

Old 06-25-2007, 07:41 AM
5th Gear

dumb ppl ask dumb questions in dumb ways with dumb words and dumb attitudes please forgive that "baby" stealer

Old 06-25-2007, 08:18 PM
1st Gear

Audi dealer = 134 miles from me. That's a bit of a drive. PO lost the title and keys somewhere between the four homes he's lived in since wrecking the car. In order for even the PO to show proper proof of ownership it'd take 6 weeks of bs with the dmv. This car is going to be long gone in six weeks.

there's no immobilizer on the car...which was that 'key' question no one saw fit to answer. Drilled the cylinder, turned the ignition with a screwdriver, car starts.

For those of you worried about people "stealing your baby"...you should be real concerned about anyone with an 18v DeWalt, 1/2" diamond bit, a flat head screwdriver, and 6 minutes.

Old 06-25-2007, 08:26 PM
1st Gear

if i lost my key, and i would need it.. I WOULD drive 134 for a new key, instead of "hotwiring" the car .. and jacking **** up yo.. ...

For those of you worried about people "stealing your baby"...you should be real concerned about anyone with an 18v DeWalt, 1/2" diamond bit, a flat head screwdriver, and 6 minutes.
****, 6 min? by that time you would be halfway dead from my .45 and getting medical attention from the police.

Quick Reply: Hotwiring a B5 A4 and some other questions...