Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which hose is this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 01:01 PM
3rd Gear
Default which hose is this?

ok looking at the engine it is on the right and it bends around the manifold (top right corner) and is shaped like an upside down L. runs right next to the coolant resevoir. wish i had a camera... mine has a tear in it and is leaking right on the corner. it looks like the hose goes to the resevoir behind the firewall (i think). and then into the manifold? where can i get one? how much? how bad is it that it has a tear? issues? can i DIY replace? thanks for any info.

also does anyone have a DIY on a turbo inlet hose?

thanks guys.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: which hose is this?

ya that is common spot for a tear. Get the part from the dealer, shouldnt be too expensive. Its bad that any hose has a tear in it. What do you need a DIY for the tubo inlet hose for?

Old 07-27-2006, 01:13 PM
3rd Gear

is that like power steering? or brake fluid or what? any idea? can I DIY without stuff leaking all over the place?

I'm buying this https://www.audiforums.com/m_319667/tm.htm

Old 07-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: smokeU

is that like power steering? or brake fluid or what? any idea? can I DIY without stuff leaking all over the place?

I'm buying this https://www.audiforums.com/m_319667/tm.htm

I think the hose you are talking about it a vac hose that works with your brake booster as well. you wont lose your brakes, but if you fix it, youll probably notice a better engine performance and better braking. That turbo hose your gunna buy can be done easily. Pretty sure youll have to take your air box out and disconect it from that/turbo/n75 hoses etc. might take you an hour or so to do. Just start disconnecting stuff, and it will be obvious how it all goes back together when you get the new on in there. Might want to check audiworld for a diy if you must have one.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:50 PM
3rd Gear

yeah i figured it would be easy once I got it all apart. Thanks bro. do you think the tear in that hose could be causing the wooshing noise i've been hearing under boost? is that a descent hose for the price? will i see any difference in performance? or is it a useless mod?

Old 07-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: smokeU

yeah i figured it would be easy once I got it all apart. Thanks bro. do you think the tear in that hose could be causing the wooshing noise i've been hearing under boost? is that a descent hose for the price? will i see any difference in performance? or is it a useless mod?
the wooshing is normal from what i know. think about all the psi thats flowing through that little *** turbo! Fix the obvious leak in that hose and see. the turbo outlet hose you are looking at is deffinately going to be more sturdy and the quality is much better than stock, but i dont know if youll notice a difference. Most people dont notice a difference with it unless theirs is bad.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:34 PM
1st Gear

I have a 2001 and i just replaced that hose with some radiator hose i had it fits perfect. See that hose is not reinforced so under high boost it will tear over time. you can go to the dealer it is not an expensive part. i noticed a huge increase in power after i eplaced the hose. with the x chip i was boosting 15 psi.... after i was spiking 21 and holding about 15psi at redline. my gas milege went up about 2mpg better. once you fix the hole or replace the hose you will see a difference.

Old 07-27-2006, 05:13 PM
3rd Gear

where'd you get the radiator hose? any idea for a quick repair till i get a chance to replace (duck tape)? can you give me a quick walk through? will stuff leak if i just tear those clips off and replace or is there other steps that need to be taken?

Old 07-27-2006, 05:31 PM
3rd Gear

part number? can i use like a high heat silicone to glue it? or try to fix it somehow until i get the hose?

PREESH!

Old 07-27-2006, 05:59 PM
3rd Gear

since no one is responding I plan on using duct tape to patch it up until i get the part.

please let me know if this is not a good idea.

thanks

Quick Reply: which hose is this?