Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

horsepower with GIAC and stock turbo

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 08:57 PM
1st Gear
Default horsepower with GIAC and stock turbo

alrite like i said im getting the greddy intercooler and most likely boost controller...so my question is how much horsepower would i get from the extra boost...like i would run it ne where from 14-20 PSI...so about how much HP would i make off that?

Old 01-19-2005, 09:19 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: horsepower with GIAC and stock turbo

Dude you aren't so good at researching the info yourself are you?

Giac chip =
+47hp +80 ft/lbs. Torque for the 150hp engine
+40hp +80 ft/lbs. Torque for the 170hp engine

Intercooler =
Probably not much, unless we are talking about heat soak.

As far as the boost controller goes, do you even know how to use one???

Old 01-19-2005, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

i do reseach adn i found exactly what u did...but if u got the boost controller u can add more boost which would give u more horsepower thats y im asking the question...before this i was into tuners such as honda's acura's and i said fck that as soon as i rode in an A4...i am relatively new the euro cars and the audi's but im not a fcking idiot

Old 01-19-2005, 11:26 PM
4th Gear

Umm maybe like around 215 or 220, depending on what engine you have.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:32 PM
1st Gear

ive got a 99 1.8T manual

Old 01-24-2005, 12:49 AM
1st Gear

I drive a 01 A4 manual and im getting a boost controler put in my car. i have a stock chip and turbo. the first attempt at installig the boost controler failed the ecu chip recognized the extra boost and shut down the turbo to only 6psi. the shop that i go to found out what they did wron and im getting it installed again this week

Old 01-24-2005, 01:09 AM
4th Gear

Does this shop know what there doing exactly? boost controolers arent exactly anything to mess around with when your on the stock turbo and some rice tuner boys playin with it.

Old 01-24-2005, 01:15 AM
2nd Gear

Its not a good idea to run a boost controller on top of the chip because the chip adds the right amount of fuel specifically tunned for how much boost it is putting out which is around 16psi. People do it but still not a good idea.

Old 01-24-2005, 02:35 AM

you run either/or unless you are prepared to accept all responsibility for the outcome of your project. i will bet my Z that you are under 21 maybe even in high school and wish to push the envolope. well that means either your parents bought you a car or you took out a loan. well if you destroy your car the insurance company will not pay for anything but will notify the lein holder (Bank) the bank will then call in the remaning balance of the loan. if your not able to pay in full you must officially file for bankrupcy which will remian on your credit for 7 years meaning you cannot own a credit card get a bank card get any sort of a loan or even consider purchasing a car.

Old 01-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Site Moderator

A boost controller will do almost nothing to a K03 turbo if it is already GIAC chipped. Maybe 3 or 4 hp extra if anything. A K03 really has reached its limits with the GIAC programming. Anymore boost and the turbo spins hot air and starts to break down. You are simply going to destroy your turbo by pushing it more than a tuner would. If it was safe a tuner (who pushes beyond what a manufacturer suggests) would go for it would they not?

Not to mention you will run lean - not good.

Quick Reply: horsepower with GIAC and stock turbo