Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve Kit for audi?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 02:50 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve Kit for audi?

ORIGINAL: sdboarder84

Get the forge 004. I have had mine now for a few months and love it.

in response to littleflavio it can only damage your car if you run a certain type on a pre 99 car. There are two kinds of BOVs ones that leak air in to the atmosphere at idle and ones that don't. This is porblematic on pre 99 cars because they can not adjust for the lack of air causing the car to run lean. Moral of the story if you want to run a BOV get a Forgee 004. yes it will run fine, just will not be that loud.
what else do i need to buy besides the forge 004 (does it come with everything to hook it right up?)

Old 12-05-2007, 03:10 AM
2nd Gear

Shopping Basket

PRODUCT NAME QTY PRICE
FMDV004_BLACK-[New Code] - Dual Piston Ram Dump Valve [Anodised Black - [New Code]] 1 $130.00
FMDVTUN - Valve Spring Tuning Kit 1 $15.00
Subtotal: $145.00
Shipping: to be confirmed
Total: $145.00

there is : ) just ordered it! ya

Old 12-05-2007, 04:10 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: sdboarder84

Get the forge 004. I have had mine now for a few months and love it.

in response to littleflavio it can only damage your car if you run a certain type on a pre 99 car. There are two kinds of BOVs ones that leak air in to the atmosphere at idle and ones that don't. This is porblematic on pre 99 cars because they can not adjust for the lack of air causing the car to run lean. Moral of the story if you want to run a BOV get a Forgee 004. yes it will run fine, just will not be that loud.
i run the forge 004 on my 98.5, which has no MAP sensor. you only run slightly rich for a very short amount of time, which i doubt will **** anything up. if you have a MAP sensor than you wont even run rich after a day or 2. just make sure you pick a BOV that is closed at idle

Old 12-06-2007, 03:13 PM

Hi all... I am new. Please be patient with me. I saw this topic and I figured I need asistance and maybe you all can help me. I purchased a knock off Greddy s type BOV and installed it. However, it will hold while I am idling btu, while i am driving (accelerating) I can hear it leak. It is venting to atmoshere and I have the recirculating hose corked. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I swapped it with the stock diverter. Oh.. I have a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. I would greatly appreciate you help in this. Should I buy a new BOV or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: AUDI05

im seeing the APR R1 Diverter Valve as the top one.. the forge 004 isnt there

click here

my bad, i guess they dont have all the cars parts setup the same. Go under MKIV 1.8t and they will be there.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: littleflavio

cincy...is it true that the bov can damage my car? i dont have any mods in my car, if ever i did put one without any mods will it run just fine for stock?
if it was bad, my car would of been f'ed up along time ago. Mine has run for about 1yr now w/o a single problem. It will work, just wont be as loud with < 10psi

Old 12-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: drewusmaximus

Hi all... I am new. Please be patient with me. I saw this topic and I figured I need asistance and maybe you all can help me. I purchased a knock off Greddy s type BOV and installed it. However, it will hold while I am idling btu, while i am driving (accelerating) I can hear it leak. It is venting to atmoshere and I have the recirculating hose corked. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I swapped it with the stock diverter. Oh.. I have a 2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro. I would greatly appreciate you help in this. Should I buy a new BOV or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks in advance.
Import tuner did a story on ebay parts and who to identify the knock offs. They took apart one of those bov's and the diaphram is garbage. You need to ditch it and get a appropriate bov/dv. Like said above, me and most people here all use the proven 004 by forge motorsports.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:42 PM

I read an article that the internal parts should be oiled. Once oiled the BOV will work fine. I took it apart and oiled the whole thing but, I haven't had a chance to put it back on. Too cold to work on the car. But, can it be that I am installing incorrectly. It works great when the car is idling on the ramps but, not while accelerating. I don't know if the vacuum line is doing what it suppose to do. But, I forgot to mention that the BOV has a tube on top for the small vacuum line and it has another tube sticking out under the top tube. I went to Greddy's web site to see the installation procedure and they said to ignore the bottom tube. I am not sure if that tube suppose to be connected to something and maybe it is causing the BOV not to hold while accelersting.

Thansk

Old 12-06-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm make believe

piston based bov/dv get lubed, diaphram bov/dv's dont [sm=headbang.gif] Like i said before, throw it away, it is garbage and not ment to be used on a 1.8t.

BTW, the bottom line if taped in will allow the valve to work faster.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:00 PM
1st Gear

i love my hks ssqv.. and i run it on atmospheric and runs great with my speed tuning chip

Quick Reply: HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve Kit for audi?