Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hks ssqv

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 08:28 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: hks ssqv

Yes, I know you lose some of the air the ecu thinks you have but...The argument with a BOV being the wrong tool for the job is simply slight lag in response in some cases- fouling plugs/cat- and running rich-if the motor recieved 60%-70% of the air its looking for, will it really make a difference? How do the hybrids operate?

Old 12-05-2006, 09:10 PM

well runniing rich wont blow up your car now but down the road you'll have alotta problems. Bet whatever. The hybrid BOV's work by allowing to adjust how much air is sent to resurc and how much is vented. as far as how they make it work im not sure. but i know its controlled. if you just put a y piece on there probably no air wil resurc because it will be easier for it to vent.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:31 PM
1st Gear

I would agree more air would want to vent out the open port-however- lets say a 1" outlet going to back into the turbo, and the other split would be say..1/4"-it seams to me like it would act like a simple exhaust leak, while not letting all the air go out-hence the 60-70% of air going back to the turbo, yet still lets enough air to come out you can hear more than usual..."bondga" I am not saying your wrong or i am wrong and we could do what ifs all day, but thanks for your imput so far. I plan to get rid of my cat all togeather as soon as i get a system so im not worried about that side of things.

Old 12-05-2006, 09:42 PM

<--- Waiting for a video/sound clip, I wanna see it in action!

Old 12-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Zombie Defense Force

sond of a bitch havent we been over this

Old 12-06-2006, 12:55 AM
4th Gear

jeff, we gave up.. we dont care if they blow up thier cars anymore

Old 12-06-2006, 12:57 AM
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 12-06-2006, 02:46 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: playa256

ORIGINAL: Lazer Viking

I for one find it funny.

Bastards. They don't deserve their a4's. There could be more for guys like us.
Is this your first closed loop turbo'd car? With my set-up ive bought I cannot harm my motor. Im looking for other options and what im sudgesting should do nothing to hurt the car at all, in theory. This may be my first Audi, but Ive had 3 turbo'd cars with recirculating air into turbo track systems and sorry to say it, but it seams like im dealing with a lot of biased DV guys here that cant even look at the big picture at what the whole operation process is doing and are too busy thinking about ways to talk down a honda then actually put some insight or thought into what is being asked here. Please give me a reason how im hurting my motor, or being a noob, or anything along those lines. Someone with #s or actual experience or actual data or even(like "bonga") give constructive criticzism, please tell me why this is a bad idea, or if it is. But the guy who says DV bad, BOV good, to any topic in the vacinity please dont post your comments. Sorry to be blunt and dont mean to be rude to anyone, but all i see when i search for help on anything i get the same thing with the same people commenting about DVs and BOVs and no help or anything new comes out of any topics it seams.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:59 AM
5th Gear

ok yes you are right that it will work, but by everyone saying its gunna harm the motor they are right in an aspect.... the motor and ecu is MADE to have ALL the air put right back in to the motor, not MOST of it, even putting 99% back in isn’t what its supposed to have... its supposed to have 100% back in for it to work properly, yes you can run it how you plan to and yea it will work for a long while but eventually it will mess with things, plugs... cat and so on.... Im not sayin you are wrong or bad for doing this its just NOT what its supposed to have, then again most mods aren’t really supposed to be on the cars either but who cares... in short it really doesn’t matter cuz your gunna do what you want anyway, and a DV or BOV recirculating ALL of the air is what is supposed to be there
ORIGINAL: GODSPEED

I for one find it funny.

Is this your first closed loop turbo'd car? With my set-up ive bought I cannot harm my motor. Im looking for other options and what im sudgesting should do nothing to hurt the car at all, in theory. This may be my first Audi, but Ive had 3 turbo'd cars with recirculating air into turbo track systems and sorry to say it, but it seams like im dealing with a lot of biased DV guys here that cant even look at the big picture at what the whole operation process is doing and are too busy thinking about ways to talk down a honda then actually put some insight or thought into what is being asked here. Please give me a reason how im hurting my motor, or being a noob, or anything along those lines. Someone with #s or actual experience or actual data or even(like "bonga") give constructive criticzism, please tell me why this is a bad idea, or if it is. But the guy who says DV bad, BOV good, to any topic in the vacinity please dont post your comments. Sorry to be blunt and dont mean to be rude to anyone, but all i see when i search for help on anything i get the same thing with the same people commenting about DVs and BOVs and no help or anything new comes out of any topics it seams.

Old 12-06-2006, 03:24 AM
1st Gear

well put, id agree. the real question is to what degree, and how long in the process will it take to have any negitive effect whatsoever. Time will tell.
ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

ok yes you are right that it will work, but by everyone saying its gunna harm the motor they are right in an aspect.... the motor and ecu is MADE to have ALL the air put right back in to the motor, not MOST of it, even putting 99% back in isn’t what its supposed to have... its supposed to have 100% back in for it to work properly, yes you can run it how you plan to and yea it will work for a long while but eventually it will mess with things, plugs... cat and so on.... Im not sayin you are wrong or bad for doing this its just NOT what its supposed to have, then again most mods aren’t really supposed to be on the cars either but who cares... in short it really doesn’t matter cuz your gunna do what you want anyway, and a DV or BOV recirculating ALL of the air is what is supposed to be there
ORIGINAL: GODSPEED

I for one find it funny.

Quick Reply: hks ssqv