Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hiding the license plate holes

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 06:17 AM
SrK
1st Gear
Default hiding the license plate holes

Hi all,

I bought a 2002 A4 amonth ago and this weekend I tried to take off the front license plate but there are some really big and ugly holes. I was thinking of covering them with some nice looking screws but one of the holes, they drilled the hole twice and its almost impossible to cover with a screw.

Does anybody have any ideas for what to do other than filling the holes and painting the whole bumper?

Thanks

Old 08-01-2004, 11:09 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: hiding the license plate holes

i think you can get colored plugs from the dealer just for exact purpose

Old 08-01-2004, 12:36 PM
3rd Gear

Get a Euro plate and mount it up front. It gives the car a really nice exotic touch. I did it to my car and it looks great IMO.

Old 08-01-2004, 01:38 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: imolas4

Get a Euro plate and mount it up front. It gives the car a really nice exotic touch. I did it to my car and it looks great IMO.
i did the same and it does look nice. i didn't think of saying that

Old 08-01-2004, 06:52 PM
4th Gear

same here

Old 08-02-2004, 03:33 AM
SrK
1st Gear

Thanks for the advices. I don't know about the euro plates, to me its really not that different from what I have now I guess I like the clean look with out the license plate.

underfortunately I have more than 4 holes on the bumper. There is a plastic piece that is bolted on the bumper and there are 4 other screws that hold the plates on that plastic holder. Some idiot used some long screws for the plate and the tip of those screws left a mark on the bumper so I don't know what to do.

I think I will make a metal plate and have it painted the body color and bold it straight on the bumper maybe that will help.
Does anybody know anything like this that I can buy of the shelf.

thanks

Old 08-03-2004, 04:15 PM
1st Gear

Well, if you are gonna buy a metal plate, paint it, then bolt it on, don't you think that'll look a little tacky? If you're gonna do that you might just as well fill the holes and paint the bumper if you want the clean look.

I myself have grown out of that plateless stage in my life. I love the look but after getting about 6 or 7 fix-it tickets, I'm kinda over it. Just be careful, cuz you probably won't get a ticket from regular cops, it's always those f***ing parking enforcement bastards that get you. So if you are in a big city with lots of meter maids gettin ticket happy, I would warn against following that path.

I, for one, believe I will be following the euro plate advice.

Old 01-20-2005, 11:59 PM

if u put a euro plate on the front will it fit in that ugly balck peice or does another black piece made for the europlates come with it?

Old 01-21-2005, 12:20 AM
4th Gear

haha, no you take off the black piece and dont use one for the eruo plate.

Old 01-21-2005, 12:26 AM

if u dont use the black peice then how does it connect to the bumper? Do u have to buy one?

Quick Reply: hiding the license plate holes