Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID, XENON HELP PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 10:01 AM
1st Gear
Default HID, XENON HELP PLEASE!!

I have xenon lights only on regular beams but I would like to get the high beams as well. so I guess they are called bi-xenons right? Is there a kit out there or would I have to purchase a whole new headlight set from the dealer? Also what are the brightest xenons I could get? Mine arent that bright they are white but I saw a g35 this morning with crazy bright lights! Any ideas?? 6000k or 3500k can anyone explain this? I know that its the brightness intensity so the higher number is brighter? are there photometrics for this so i can do some calculations etc???? thanks guys!!

Old 11-22-2007, 10:08 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: HID, XENON HELP PLEASE!!

no they make bi xenons. sum1 posted a little while ago, i forgot the company's name. search for it. i would get wut matches with ur current lights. i believe the 4300k is the brightess one can get. his lights are probably super bright cuz it was directly in ur eyes lol. y do u still need HID high beams? evrything should be bright enough with both on. if u want the brightes lights in the world, u can take ur headlight out, get a circuitboard and sold on like 100 LEDs. they use much less energy and will def be alot brighter than that g35 u saw. im actually thinking bout doing that for my fogs just to mess around lol

Old 11-22-2007, 10:30 AM
1st Gear

I drive out a lot in the country because I live out there and my high beams suck!!!! I cant see anything. By brightness I mean Illuminating farther into the distance (and no i dont want to raise the headlight throw). Puting LED's is a good idea but they dont work very well you might only get 3feet of good light LOL which is pointless! I am an electrical engineer so i do study some lighting and LED's have come a long way but are still not bright enough. I do not know much about car lighting etc. so thats why I asked the question. I dont know what the brightest hid's are that I can get. and this is why I also asked anyone out there if they have photometrics! I think I might try calling audi and seeing if they have them because I want to do a study as well, I highly doubt that anyone has the temeperatures of thos elights as well?

Old 11-22-2007, 11:04 AM
1st Gear

so I just called the local audi dealer, parts desk, and the guy there said that none of the audis have bi xenons not even the s4's is this true????

Old 11-22-2007, 11:15 AM

An electrical engineer, and you don't know the scoop on color temps of xenon lighting?

Old 11-22-2007, 11:27 AM
4th Gear

stop going to the dealer... bi xenons were available on all audi's
the lower the number= the lower the kelvin temp= the more useable light=the more whiter/eventually yellow
the higher the number = the higher the kelvin temp= the less useable light = the more bluer/eventually purple

Old 11-22-2007, 11:38 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: beefyosito

An electrical engineer, and you don't know the scoop on color temps of xenon lighting?
Not really dont deal with xenons at all... i could get the information but it take me a few days! Plus I was looking for temperatures inside the headlight unit! if the actual factory enclosing can handle if i were to retro fit my own!

Old 11-22-2007, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Here's the deal - you don't need a bi-xenon kit. That is the term for a kit that uses one bulb for low and high beams (like a 9004 style bulb). You simply need another regular xenon conversion kit for your high beams. Take out a high beam bulb, verify it's an H7 (it should be), then order an H7 kit in 4300k intensity. 4300k has the highest luminosity and is the closest of the available kits to natural daylight. The "k" rating is degrees kelvin, but in the case of HIDs, it describes the color temperature of the light. The higher you go, the higher in the color spectrum you get, going from blazing white at 4300k, up through various shades of blue and into the purple part of the spectrum as you get over 10,000k (which incidentally is significantly less bright). Search my old posts - I made an all-inclusive informational post about HIDs that unfortunately did not get made into a sticky post - it would've answered every question you had. Go to my profile (click on my screenname), then click on "last 100 posts" and it should be in there. There's also a photograph showing various kelvin color ranges for different HID kits.

Old 11-22-2007, 01:57 PM
4th Gear

With a 6000k or 4300k HID kit your high beams will become useless. Since I installed the kit I've never needed to use the highbeams.

Old 11-22-2007, 02:36 PM
1st Gear

OK, So right now I have regular beams are Xenons, and High beams are HID's! Correct? I want to completly eliminate HID's and put in xenons!!! So I dont have **** yellow lighting! I like the hyper brite look like the xenons! so do any audi b6's have a xenon only headlight?

Quick Reply: HID, XENON HELP PLEASE!!