Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HID Flickering Light problem, Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 05:34 AM
1st Gear
Default HID Flickering Light problem, Help

Hi Everyone
Recently purchased HID conversion kit from Visionbulbs.com and had it professionally installed on an 2007 Audi A4 . The problem I'm having is that the HID lights flicker on and off. Originally had the HID installed without the relay harness, flickered all the time. Installed the relay harness and the lights are fine when the car is on. When I start driving, about 2 mins later the lights start to flicker on and off and after about an hour of driving the lights are ok. The ground is ok and doesn't seem to be the problem and all the connections are in place as they should be and everything is secure. Can't figure out why the lights keep flickering. I searched the forum and found I'm not the only person with this problem but no answers have been posted. I don't believe my carhas Daytime Running Lights Any suggestions?

Old 03-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Default RE: HID Flickering Light problem, Help

sounds like a bad ballast to me, does visionbulbs have a return policy on defective merch?

Old 03-12-2007, 03:12 AM
1st Gear

Visionbulbs has a 1 year warranty, which should allow me to returndefective parts. But both ballast being bad at the same time? Both sides flicker together at the same time...

Old 03-12-2007, 03:14 AM

yeah that would be pretty odd, wouldn't it. hmm. have you contacted them at all? it isn't likely, but it could be that you just got both your ballasts from the same batch of duds...

Old 03-12-2007, 12:27 PM
1st Gear

the instructions tell you that flickering can be caused bya poor ground. check that.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

Ok..just got an email back from visionbulbs and this is what they said:
The flickering is generally caused by two things.
One, it could be a conflict with the vehicles onboard computer, and it will require a flashing
to bypass the aftermarket lights.

Second, it could be a conflict with other devices, in which case you need to
gauge the power, and make sure you're connected to sufficient source.

What does he mean by "flashing" to bypass the aftermarket lights?

Old 03-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Bip
1st Gear

my lights flicker once after i turn them on, usually about 1 minute and a half after they turn on. The right one almost blinks then the left one blinks after it. It only does this once though.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

I wish mine only flickered once, wouldn't mine even twice. Mine flickers like stobe lights, thought it was ok driving at night and lights start to "strobe", cars in front thought I was cop and started moving out of the way. I had to pull over and just sit there for a min

Old 03-13-2007, 05:32 PM
1st Gear

Anyboy's relay make a loud buzzing noise when the car first starts up? The sound goes away after about 20 mins. This is again with the HID conversion from Visionbulbs. Wondering if I have a bad relay?

Old 03-13-2007, 05:37 PM

hmmm heard a lot about this issue and its not a conflict with the ECU rather the HIDS use less power like LEDs and need a resistor fitted in line to inform the ECU all is ok

Quick Reply: HID Flickering Light problem, Help