Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP, someone stole my corner lens!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 12:19 AM
1st Gear
Default HELP, someone stole my corner lens!

So I ordered the eBay projector headlights, i installed them, well i am driving home from the mall and all of a sudden when i switch lanes my turn signal was blinking REALLY fast. The sign of a bad bulb...

Well i pull over in a shopping center about to grab a bulb from the local K Mart...and I look at my front end and notice this:

Yup, no corner lens to be found, but the worst part, NO bulb, or socket AND a broken connector....

Now im like WTF, it prob fell off, i was having trouble with the different style connectors that hold the corner lens into the projector headlight, and i guess it fell off? But somehow ripped off the socket and all?!

What do i do? Is this white piece removable? I tried to wiggle it off to bring to the local audi dealership, but it seems like its on there pretty tight...not sure what to do...

Please help, I need a new socket and that white piece i posted about is broken.....

Old 06-10-2006, 12:23 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: HELP, someone stole my corner lens!

ah thats fvcked up. Damn I hate thieves.[:@]

Old 06-10-2006, 12:26 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Trey25

ah thats fvcked up. Damn I hate thieves.[:@]
yeah im not sure, the other one was real loose also....as if someone tried getting the other one also? If the lens even came loose while driving home, they weigh nothing, there is no way it broke the socket off and destroyed the socket (adapter?) like that....

I am pissed....And i need part numbers or something pleeeease

Old 06-10-2006, 01:39 AM
1st Gear

I thought someone had stolen mine but they actualy just fell off. I ordered replacements and that damn thing fell off to. This time if fell off while I was going down the road and I herd something and i went back later and it was there. 80+mph and it wasnt scratched on the surface, got damn lucky. Check the tabs in the furthest point back that like.. spread apart to hold the turn signals in, i think thats what my problems were. I put a bunch of plastic to spread the tabs harder, so far it hasnt fallen off. hope this helps.

Old 06-10-2006, 01:51 AM
5th Gear

thieves suck ***...look at the bright side though, now would be a good time to pick up some nice one piece projectors

Old 06-10-2006, 02:07 AM
4th Gear

lol ^^^that was my exact thought. But then again your car will be an even bigger target.

Old 06-10-2006, 03:21 AM
1st Gear

Yeah i hear all that, but the main problem is, i lost the socket that holds the bulb in

And now the white piece shown, is destroyed and prob wont connect properly to the bulb socket

gah im not sure

Old 06-10-2006, 04:01 AM
5th Gear

its not that major...if worst comes to worst you'll have to buy a new one from the dealership for probably 10 bucks and splice it on....you can also look at it this way, if you have one piece headlights, nobody will steal your corners!

Old 06-10-2006, 04:42 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: bentframe

its not that major...if worst comes to worst you'll have to buy a new one from the dealership for probably 10 bucks and splice it on....you can also look at it this way, if you have one piece headlights, nobody will steal your corners!
you guys and the one piece headlights grrr.... [:@]

alrighty well i need a set of keys made, so i will ask them when i go, i hope i dont get raped....

thanks again

Old 06-10-2006, 05:29 AM
dan
2nd Gear

heh yeah, I was gonna suggest 1 piece lights as a fix too :P

Quick Reply: HELP, someone stole my corner lens!