Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Intercooler Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 07:54 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Help! Intercooler Question

yea that wouldnt cause it to not run though, it would just run like ****..... id say check the cam sensor
ORIGINAL: dafrazi

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

If you have a 2000+ there is a sensor that goes in the stock intercooler and needs transfered to the fmic. If you took that out or if its disconnected it might not start.
That's the boost pressure sensor and it's stock location isright behind the drive side headlight.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: dafrazi

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

If you have a 2000+ there is a sensor that goes in the stock intercooler and needs transfered to the fmic. If you took that out or if its disconnected it might not start.
That's the boost pressure sensor and it's stock location isright behind the drive side headlight.

The ICM is right on top of the air box. He had to pull the airbox to make up the connections charge pipe connections. If he didn't, he must be very flexible.
I agree.. and its plugged into the top of the smic.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Site Moderator

Any IC work can be done from underneath the car that im aware of?
The only thing in that areahe should have to take off is the turbo outlet hose which is only accessable from underneath.. Unless he IS extremely flexible??? OH i see, the charge pipe.. I guess you would have to remove the airbox for that... Good call my bad.. Check the ICM 4 sure!

Old 01-22-2007, 08:28 PM
1st Gear

I dont recall any sensor disconnected behind the headlight but i will check, i didnt touch the airbox, I removed the front bumper completeley and the core support because i replaced the core supp. so it made things really easy. somebody told me it could be because of the piping being to big and too much air going in but that person is always F.O.S. , as long as its not because of the piping and intercooler ill be happy cuz i didnt wait a long time to get it for nothing. THANKS !!!!!

Old 01-22-2007, 09:03 PM
Site Moderator

What year?

Old 01-22-2007, 10:07 PM
1st Gear

Old 02-07-2008, 03:37 PM
1st Gear

I have the same problem but I bought a used Intercooler once connected the car doesnt start..( can the Intercooler be clogged ? how to do you check...? )
I had to cut my OEM hose pipe that goes from Intercooler to Turbo so cant even go back to stock...have to wait untill I get my new pipe...

southcoast did your car start??

Old 02-07-2008, 03:55 PM
5th Gear

what year do you have? and what does it do when you try to start it? your not pushing the pedal in while trying to start it are you?

Old 02-07-2008, 04:06 PM
1st Gear

its a 1999 A4 Quattro - the car cranks but doesnt start... to be honest I tried to push the pedal a couple of times but thats its...

its a used Intercooler.. is there a way to check if its clogged?
other then that I checked every hose... connectors etc

Do i need to have Chipped ECU? i have another Audi A4 1998 which is GIAC Chipped... I can move parts around if needed

Old 02-07-2008, 05:37 PM
5th Gear

no you dont need to alter the tuning. you dont have a MAP sensor so it couldn't be that. as long as there is a connection of pipes going from your compressor outlet to the tb, it should work. your IC could be clogged i guess. just hook up an air compressor to one side of it and put your hand over the other outlet to see if its clogged.

Quick Reply: Help! Intercooler Question