Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP.... car hit.. need tiny estimate

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 02:08 AM
1st Gear
Default HELP.... car hit.. need tiny estimate

Ok... im not gonna explain the story right now (no time at the moment)... but about an hour ago I tapped an 03' vette with a limited edition chevy red paint on it. There are 3 little 2 millimeter niks on it that tore the paint a little off. Is this gonna be an expensive task to repaint. I asked her not to contact insurance yet because it would be alot easier to do it in cash. There is no paint on my car at all so we didnt actually exchange paint whatsoever (I got hit in the license plate frame). How do I go about this. I just want to know an estimate before going to an actual body shop.. just so i can feel either calm or freaked out now and not later. There are no bends or brakes, no cracks.. just those 3 little torn pieces.

Thanks.

O god I hope its not a lot.... not a good day .

Old 08-22-2005, 02:13 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: HELP.... car hit.. need tiny estimate

I think your looking at about 2k to 3k, depending on where you go.

Old 08-22-2005, 02:16 AM
Administrator

to repaint the rear bumper
theres no need to buy a new bumper rite
ur just gonna repaint the whole bumper only

Old 08-22-2005, 02:41 AM
2nd Gear

You can bet your backside, she is going to go to her insurance if she wants it fixed (wouldn't you). If she agreed not to it will be because she is keen to get the money & not fix her car. Ask her how much she wants for the damage & if it's extreme. Just tell her that, that's way over your budget & you'll have to get your insurance to cover it. If she really wants the money she'll settle for whatever you can give her. . . . . It's an informal haggling thing. :-)

& yes... if you tore the paint, you'll be up for at least the removal, rub back & re-spray & then refitment. If you in any way disfigured, even the smallest amount, the bumber. Your up for that too. Chances are if she goes to get a quote, they'll quote her on a new bumper & then her insurance co. wont care at all about the cost.... They won't be paying for it. Sorry to say.

Good luck with it all mate.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:17 AM
5th Gear

likely repaint the bumper for around 500... I got quoted 500 Canadian to fix my camaro's front bumper, which has damage...

sorry the pic is big:

Old 08-23-2005, 03:03 AM
1st Gear

crap... well this is complete crap... argh... hope she doesnt call me bck ... butttttt.... she will.

Old 08-23-2005, 03:08 AM
Administrator

look homie u gonna be in her controll wut ever quote she gives you, your just gonna have to be her bittch and take it up the ***
one way or the other she will get her car fix either through you or insurance
wut ever is more convent for her or how nice she is will determen wut route she'll take
shes holding all the cards rite now so u better hope shes a nice person

if she dont like it she can always go through insurance and your rate will go up

Old 08-23-2005, 03:35 AM
5th Gear

Well, after X amount of days/hours, she won't be able to file an accident report... so, if you wanted to be an ***, you could screw her. However, as nobody here would condone such behaviour... I'd get ready to pay it.

That being said though, if X amount of time has passed, don't let her screw you around, and hand you a 2 thousand dollar quote, either. You see my camaro's bumper... it has spider webbing all around that light, and a dimple where it popped up, so that needs to be heated and flattened out again, then repainted... 500 CDN dollars.