Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP Bottomed out in Snow.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: HELP Bottomed out in Snow.

baconbait im with you on the lift... what about ditchin the plastic sheild under the engine compartment?

Old 12-17-2007, 10:26 PM
Site Moderator

Lots of people ditch the belly pan.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:30 PM
5th Gear

i don't have one and i've been plowing through snow that are in intersections where it's all piled up to like a foot. i've been fine without it.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear

when i took my car in for its first oil change i asked the guy doing it to not put the piece back on but he did anyway, so i left it in their parking lot. i think its useless and annoying but to each his own rite?

Old 12-17-2007, 10:43 PM
Site Moderator

If you leak or spill fluid it keeps it from hitting the ground/garage floor. It may helpwithaerodynamics. It keeps mice out of the engine bay (guy with a vwphaeton was in the other day for a chewed up injector wire from a mouse because he kept his belly pan off.) It keeps water/dirt/elements from nastying up the bottom of the engine. I think the advantages out weigh the disadvantages... Just my .02 and why I use mine.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:53 PM
1st Gear

my engine is really clean and i think i want to keep it that way...im going to try and re attach this belly pan but if i cant then its goin. i dont even wanna drive this car to school tomarro cause i think im gonna run this thing over. first thing tomarro its goin on stands. thanks for the input guys.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:14 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

If you leak or spill fluid it keeps it from hitting the ground/garage floor. It may helpwithaerodynamics. It keeps mice out of the engine bay (guy with a vwphaeton was in the other day for a chewed up injector wire from a mouse because he kept his belly pan off.) It keeps water/dirt/elements from nastying up the bottom of the engine. I think the advantages out weigh the disadvantages... Just my .02 and why I use mine.
and when you drive over annoying speed bumps you dont scratch you oil pan

Old 12-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Senior Administrator

it also keeps water from splashing up on teh belts & such, when you go charging through a puddle of water. That momentary loss of power steering can be fatal, if it happens at JUST the right time...

Old 12-18-2007, 07:05 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: apr_a4

and when you drive over annoying speed bumps you dont scratch you oil pan
or put a giant crack in it

... but i actually dont think some plastic would help when hitting a speed bump going 30

Old 12-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Site Moderator

With all the crap on the roads that the snow covers, why not keep it on?

Or you could get an aluminum skidplate.

Quick Reply: HELP Bottomed out in Snow.