Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello All - Audio Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 11:47 PM
1st Gear
Default Hello All - Audio Question

Yes I have searched high and low and nothing. I am a admin of many message board so I know how to use the search option.

I have a 2003 A4 , I installed and Pioneer AVCIZ1 with a sub, I know the front speaker of the car run off the radio it self but the rear run off the factory amp, how do i bypass that amp? Since the new radio sends alot of power thru the rear speakers the system clips so i NEED to learn how to catch the wires after the factory amp to install my own after market amp.

also what I have done, I shouldn't tell and try to sell it but w/e you are audi fokes,

This radio has a read video camera, also has a spare video feed in, so what i did was hook up another camera to the front of the car and installed some infrared blasters for cctv's so I can drive in pitch black, no lights on and watch my driving in dark thru the radio with the use of the infrared lights ;0)

Email me if you need a guide..

but any help on by-passing the factory amp would be great

godspeed!

Old 08-06-2006, 09:30 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hello All - Audio Question

In theory your amp will still need a output from your head unit before it can amplify the sound, if you can find this wire, runnign from the back of your head unit into the amplifier then you should just be able to disconnect it and reconnect it to where-ever you want, your own aftermarket amp i would abvise to give u more control over your system. hope this helps

Old 08-06-2006, 04:15 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hello All - Audio Question

Thanks for the reply, I used to do car audio installations back in the 90's but with this AUDI since everything on some type of network.

So if cut the pre-amp lines coming from the head unit into the factory amp bypass them to the insput of the after marker amp; then cut the wires coming out of the factory to the rear speakers and wire them to the after market amp I "should" be ok. Does the factory amp on my car control anything else in the car or is just an amp for the rear:

here is a image i put together to get my idea across..

thanks...