Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Having A4 serviced at a VW dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 11:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Having A4 serviced at a VW dealership?

I live in a smaller town on the outskirts of Vancouver and we only have a VW dealership here. I don't have the space nor time to do my own oil changes/servicing so I gave them a call and they said they would have no problem doing it. Should I trust my car with them, or would I be better off going that extra distance to have it handled by a certified Audi dealership in Vancouver? It would be a lot more inconvienent taking it to the city, but if there is any real difference in service I'd considering doing so. Any feedback or comments on past experience would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 05-28-2007, 11:07 PM
18T
4th Gear
Default RE: Having A4 serviced at a VW dealership?

Up to you really. Take it to the dealership that has the most competition. The best work will be done there.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:21 PM
3rd Gear

well, considering the VW dealer has the same experience and knowlege of the cars, i don't see a problem taking your audi to a vw dealer. it is like taking a chevrolet to a gmc dealer. they know the engines just as well as the audi dealers.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:58 AM
3rd Gear

I have heard of it - no big deal IMO - go to 1.8t.org and check which dealers are the best in your area

Old 05-29-2007, 05:17 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

Actually, I took my Audi to the local v-dub place and they told me that as of recently, VW exclusive dealerships could no longer get Audi parts. Even something as simple as the key. Universal engine and drive parts should be OK, but if you're looking for something that is specific to your Audi model, you might be out of luck. I looked into it more, and every VW place around gave me the same thing. It kinda sucks because I like the more laid-back approach you get at a VW dealership rather than pretentious Audi guys. My nearest Audi dealership is an Audi/Porche dealer and they don't even like me parking my car there.... Jack@sses

Old 05-29-2007, 08:26 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cyberlogicx

Actually, I took my Audi to the local v-dub place and they told me that as of recently, VW exclusive dealerships could no longer get Audi parts. Even something as simple as the key. Universal engine and drive parts should be OK, but if you're looking for something that is specific to your Audi model, you might be out of luck. I looked into it more, and every VW place around gave me the same thing. It kinda sucks because I like the more laid-back approach you get at a VW dealership rather than pretentious Audi guys. My nearest Audi dealership is an Audi/Porche dealer and they don't even like me parking my car there.... Jack@sses
Wow that's pretty lame they'd ask you to do that. I also like the idea of going to the local VW shop as well provided the service/parts will be the same. So as far as oil changes and new filters go, the VW dealership should at least be able to handle that aspect right?