Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hating the UGLY holes in my bumper

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: hating the UGLY holes in my bumper

ORIGINAL: 96A4Owner

Cut the whining bullshit, who cares what other people think. To cover up those holes, just go to home deport or any hardware store and buy little plugs for it. Thats what i did, i bought like 6 of them for 50 cents. And the black plugs matched my car perfectly so they look great.
[sm=headbang.gif]

better put this on

^ bigger than i thought, almost actual size

Old 09-26-2007, 10:33 PM

Bondo and duplicolor paint. Done. And instead of having two plates, why don't you make your euro plate the same number as your real plate? Once a cop realizes that they are the same, he might be more forgiving.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: thebishop

why don't you make your euro plate the same number as your real plate? Once a cop realizes that they are the same, he might be more forgiving.
Yeah, a girl in the TT section thought that, but a cop had differnt ideas about it

Old 09-26-2007, 10:36 PM

Any way but stock plate is a gamble. I still haven't gotten a ticket yet. (knock on wood)

Old 09-26-2007, 10:43 PM
3rd Gear

[quote]ORIGINAL: cincyTT

ORIGINAL: 96A4Owner

Cut the whining bullshit, who cares what other people think. To cover up those holes, just go to home deport or any hardware store and buy little plugs for it. Thats what i did, i bought like 6 of them for 50 cents. And the black plugs matched my car perfectly so they look great.
[sm=headbang.gif]

better put this on

^ bigger than i thought, almost actual size
[/quote

is that some sort of biohazard suit?

Old 09-26-2007, 10:47 PM
I'm make believe

flame suit. good to 1000*+

Old 09-26-2007, 11:24 PM

I stuck a euro plate where the front plate is supposed to go. My euro plate has the same letter/number combo as my CA plate.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:33 PM
1st Gear

the law is exactly the same in California. The plate MUST be mounted on the front bumper. When i used to drive my honda back in the day I did the front window and I always got ticketed for it, why, because as the law states it was not securely mounted to the front bumper.

I got my Audi in May and since then i've had a euro plate on it and I've not been pulled over. Not to say i wont one day, but for now they dont seem to care. if they want a reason to pull me over i've got a nice one right there for them.

Also remember, not having an attitude with the cops like the people in these forums will save you alot of hassell.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:39 PM

ok I herd that if you didnt have a place for it in the front then you didnt have to have one.... anyone else ever herd this before because i live in Ohio and all of my moms cars and my audi have never had a front plate because there was no place for it and havent gotten in trouble yet (knock on wood)

Old 09-27-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm make believe

I never heard that one. But i have seen about 80-90% of the corvettes w/o a front plate. I think it basically comes down to if the cop isa dick or not.

Quick Reply: hating the UGLY holes in my bumper