Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Choice A4 or Evo VIII?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 01:38 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hard Choice A4 or Evo VIII?

ORIGINAL: KiloByte

ORIGINAL: Novablue454

Im liking the just give the car back to my dad and get the EVO idea. I hadn't thought of that. And someone asked how old I was, im 18. My Nova (that I very rarely drive) is my chick magnet car, so im not all too concerned about that. I also was going to have my dad co-sign the loan, so if i do lose my job then he can take over for a few untill I get a new one and then pay him back. The main thing that I am worried about is when I get done with college (9 months) and get kicked off my parents insurance. it will be through the roof with (i think)9 tickets and 2 revos. I dont even know if I will be able to get it covered once im on my own plan.
How the hell are you going to be able to afford a $25,000+ car with interest + gas + maintence + insuance with all those penalties tacked on ontop? What kind of a job are you going to get? Imo spending that much money when you're just starting out with a job is very foolish and you will not be able to afford it.

Gotta love it, he gets 9 tickets + 2 revos and dad hands him the keys to the Audi, smart. I think you'll realise like 99.99999% of the members around here that once daddy stops paying for everything you can't have anything you want.
When I got my first real job after graduating University I bought a Toyota Supra - hot car for its time. This was 2 months before I even started the job! Had to sell it a couple of years later for a down payment on a house, but don't regret it at all - it was a blast to drive and own. Just go for it.

Old 02-20-2006, 02:00 PM
2nd Gear

How the hell are you going to be able to afford a $25,000+ car with interest + gas + maintence + insuance with all those penalties tacked on ontop? What kind of a job are you going to get? Imo spending that much money when you're just starting out with a job is very foolish and you will not be able to afford it.

Gotta love it, he gets 9 tickets + 2 revos and dad hands him the keys to the Audi, smart. I think you'll realise like 99.99999% of the members around here that once daddy stops paying for everything you can't have anything you want.
Wow, wow, calm down there kb, he didnt ask you to flame him for his question. Just bc he has a sugar daddy and you dont doesnt give you any reason to be so angry.........lol...jk...

Old 02-21-2006, 10:38 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: VitaminB6

ORIGINAL: KiloByte

ORIGINAL: Novablue454

Im liking the just give the car back to my dad and get the EVO idea. I hadn't thought of that. And someone asked how old I was, im 18. My Nova (that I very rarely drive) is my chick magnet car, so im not all too concerned about that. I also was going to have my dad co-sign the loan, so if i do lose my job then he can take over for a few untill I get a new one and then pay him back. The main thing that I am worried about is when I get done with college (9 months) and get kicked off my parents insurance. it will be through the roof with (i think)9 tickets and 2 revos. I dont even know if I will be able to get it covered once im on my own plan.

When I got my first real job after graduating University I bought a Toyota Supra - hot car for its time. This was 2 months before I even started the job! Had to sell it a couple of years later for a down payment on a house, but don't regret it at all - it was a blast to drive and own. Just go for it.
Yeah but what kind of job did you get and did you have as many traffic violations? Must have been one hell of a salary to be able to afford a $65,000+ car the first year. I'm guessing you had your parents pay for it.

ORIGINAL: quattrosedan

Wow, wow, calm down there kb, he didnt ask you to flame him for his question. Just bc he has a sugar daddy and you dont doesnt give you any reason to be so angry.........lol...jk...
I wasn't flaming I was just saying its quite clear that he has expensive tastes and he even said his dad wont be paying for the new car so he probably wont be able to afford it. Not unless he gets a REAL job and plans to throw away most if not all of his earnings on the car alone.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:43 PM
1st Gear

this is stupid, i did not read all the comments cause i didnt feal like it. buying an evo would be stupid for a kid in highschool. i would never be able do to anything other then pay the bills for it. there are plenty of better choices if u want to go into the tuning world.... mr2 turbo, 300zx tt, 1st gen gsx, in my opinion are much better choices, and would be a load off ur wallet.

Old 02-22-2006, 01:17 AM
2nd Gear

get a 2002 or 2003 wrx, u will love it

Old 02-22-2006, 11:39 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah but what kind of job did you get and did you have as many traffic violations? Must have been one hell of a salary to be able to afford a $65,000+ car the first year. I'm guessing you had your parents pay for it.
......$65000!!!!

What car are you talking about? Aren't the evos only like 35 new? All you are buying is an engine and drivetrain. The interior on those is sh*t compared to the a4.

Old 02-25-2006, 08:21 PM
1st Gear

My friend got an 06 and it was 37,000. And im not in high school, im graduating college in a few months. And the job deal is i'm planning to get anything i can take while im here, and then get a real job as soon as i move back to Colorado. I am graduationg with an associates in buisness, an assosiates of specilized technology for automotive, chassis fabrication, and hi-performance engines. Plus i will be an ASE certified tech, so i dont think it will be too hard.

Old 02-25-2006, 11:56 PM
1st Gear

Emil @ Rennart I'm with you! I'd buy an AMC Gremlin before another ricer gets in my garage.

Actually, I'm lying. My wife drives a Mits Endeavor. It's a good vehicle.

Well, it's apparent that there's alot of young guys on this forum. I love my A4 and the A6 I had before it. Nearly 300,000 miles between the two since 1998. Bought both new. Fit, finish, comfort, prestige, etc, etc. IMO German cars just stay right longer. I have 120,000 on my 2003 A4 and it rides and runs like it did new. Remember, German cars are the only consumer cars designed to run at 140mph, often. You'll never get the same quality elsewhere (well, maybe a Ferrari).

I'll always own a German car if I can. I'd buy a used Audi, BMW or Porsche before a new US or ricer.

I'm an old guy here, 47 yo and just became a grampa. Mid-life crises time.

Emil - I'm in Rockford and I'm going to visit you guys soon. Need your opinion on REVO vs. APR and some some other mods I'm thinking about. You probably know the APR dealer in Naperville. I've been in there and buy my Amsoil there. Nothing else yet.

Old 02-26-2006, 12:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Russ03A4

Emil @ Rennart I'm with you! I'd buy an AMC Gremlin before another ricer gets in my garage.

Actually, I'm lying. My wife drives a Mits Endeavor. It's a good vehicle.

Well, it's apparent that there's alot of young guys on this forum. I love my A4 and the A6 I had before it. Nearly 300,000 miles between the two since 1998. Bought both new. Fit, finish, comfort, prestige, etc, etc. IMO German cars just stay right longer. I have 120,000 on my 2003 A4 and it rides and runs like it did new. Remember, German cars are the only consumer cars designed to run at 140mph, often. You'll never get the same quality elsewhere (well, maybe a Ferrari).

I'll always own a German car if I can. I'd buy a used Audi, BMW or Porsche before a new US or ricer.

I'm an old guy here, 47 yo and just became a grampa. Mid-life crises time.

Emil - I'm in Rockford and I'm going to visit you guys soon. Need your opinion on REVO vs. APR and some some other mods I'm thinking about. You probably know the APR dealer in Naperville. I've been in there and buy my Amsoil there. Nothing else yet.
I agree in part to that. If u want a sedan, coupe or now maybe even SUV (prolly would go to Land Rover thou) go German. A truck, i would only buy american, i mean chevy and ford make amazing trucks, and sports car i would also go to teh Italians (ferrari, lambo etc) or German with a Porsche.