Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Choice A4 or Evo VIII?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Hard Choice A4 or Evo VIII?

evo then throw some money into it and make it a very fast car

Old 02-17-2006, 11:30 PM
1st Gear

Go with the EVO. In the long run.. you will be way happier! Remember, you only live once!

Old 02-17-2006, 11:32 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: glen

Evo unless your doing lots of daily miles when you may feel like youve been shaken around in a tin can for hours.
Have you been in a evo? Ive taken a 5hr road trip in one and it was fine. The seats are alittle firm not nothing to really complain about.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:04 AM

If you are going Evo, why not consider WRX? Shoot at that point, you are opening up to the world of Tuner cars and there are tons out there you could go with. If you are leaning towards a newer car, then WRX. It's slighty faster stock I thought (We are talking .1 or .2) and it won't depreciate as quickly as a Mitsu. Now I've never owned a WRX but I've played with one on the highway with my R6 and I was very impressed how well it hung with me. I've had a 99 VR4 and I can tell you that they had some issues with lifters and were stupid expensive and took a lot of time to replace. Wait, the 99's were good, it was the pre 99's. So I guess the Evo would be a good car, but I'd personally vote for the Sti first. Well G35 before either. But, that's just my $.02.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:05 AM
1st Gear

if u can afford paying for an evo and your dad for the audi, i'd go for the evo, but if u can't afford 2 payments, get it after college, it's not like they wonw't exist later....

i'm also a college student and trying to keep a constant/steady job with a school schedual and paying off a car is BIA!!!. cuz u never know when u wown't have a job and wown't be able to make a payment, just more stress and end up with bad credit.

i'd say, keep the car for now till u grad, give it back (that way it's a free ride), then buy a evo. but thats my opinion.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:07 AM
1st Gear

this is so funny.. we're on an audi forum and everyone is saying get the evo.. lol!!

i love the evo as well.. had an '03 for about a year and a half .. put 33k miles on it.. loved it! with a few grand into it, it was a very quick car...

however, as you grow older (i'm only 29) it really depends what you like in a car.. granted, the evo is a beast, but it's not as smooth and classy as an audi.

also, if you have a respectable job and you're looking to grow in the firm and the boss sees you in that car... he might wonder if you're really ready to get promoted, since you look like a kid driving a car with a wing that could almost pass as bench stuck on the trunk.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:31 PM
1st Gear

No! dont go with a WRX. Those things are uglier and slower than a EVO. The 03' EVO's and just barely slower than the 04' STi's and i think the evos look better anyways. Also as far as i know im prettys sure the subaru's are depreciating in value quicker than the evos.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:46 PM

personaly I dont like the EVO, the wing makes it look bad. in my taste its unproportuanal, the wing tries to bring it back.

and anyone who drove it, does it feel solid as harsh ride or really soft.
I saw couple Evos around and the wheels did not budge for holes and hills, the whole car shcook. you know like there is no suspension.

and in my prestige book audi is higher that mitshubishi.

Old 02-18-2006, 03:28 PM
2nd Gear

seems like a bad idea to me that if your going to be making payments on a 7500 dollar car that you are even thinking about getting a 20000+ loan on a different car? No on likes debt, specially when you owe more on the car then its worth...just my 2 cents

Old 02-18-2006, 03:35 PM
1st Gear

i say dont got with either. go with a nice b5 s4 and drop like 3grand into it (exhaust, and chip) and make it alot faster than an evo.

ull love the power, and classy-ness of the S4....

i know sometime down the road ill be selling my audi and picking up an s4

Quick Reply: Hard Choice A4 or Evo VIII?