Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got tint done yesterday..

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:45 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Got tint done yesterday..

In response to the guy who's radio got fuzzy after he had it tinted. I just traded my 01 a4 in foran 03 a4 and I had the same problem. I went back to the dealership today and they said that they were just talking about this. It's caused by metalic tint on the rear window. Since the rear window is also the antenna the metal in the tintcauses interferance. The dealership offered to remove the rear window tint for me but I would have to pay someone else to retint it >.<

Anyway the answer to your problem is the type of tint they used. It's crappy. The tint shop I went to verified this.

Jax

Old 04-05-2007, 12:10 AM
1st Gear

If you stand like 15-20ft awayand you can still see it I would take it back. Oh and rccks96 where are you from? My car is a spitting image of yours and I though I saw you in philly last week on the penn turnpike.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:38 AM

I'm in Utah - dealing with this altitude, and my lackluster performance compared to all you guys.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:38 AM
1st Gear

i have 5 all around mine and no marks perfect!!!

Old 04-05-2007, 03:54 AM
1st Gear

its doing that b/c of the little dots around the edge, its a big thing with us camaro/firebird guys with the dot matrix at the top of the rear window. the tint just doesnt stick to it that well. a good way to fix it is to put a strip of electrical tape around the inside of the window around the tint edge to black it out. it looks good, works well, and is very easy to do.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:27 AM
1st Gear

i have the same problem but it is what it is and looks fine if you aer far away. and no one up close has ever said anything to me about it.i might try the electrical tape but we will see. and for the brake light my guy tried to take it off so he didnt have to cut around it but he couldnt get it off. so im sure if you can get the case off of the light they would redue it for you. this is the closet i have of it for now. its 35% all around.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:38 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, well I found out that it is illegal to tint over the brake light in NJ, so there goes that. And I think i'm gunna call around to a few places today to see what they say, cause it seams like there is like 3 guys out of every 8 or so that there back window is perfect on here..

Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 PM

Altitude shouldn't be as much of a factor as you are thinking. I live at 5800 feet and my car still rips. If you are driving it from sea level to altitude alot then you will notice, but as long are you are at the same elevation you car should adapt.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:16 PM

ORIGINAL: njm23

Yeah, well I found out that it is illegal to tint over the brake light in NJ, so there goes that. And I think i'm gunna call around to a few places today to see what they say, cause it seams like there is like 3 guys out of every 8 or so that there back window is perfect on here..
If you look closely at those pics (where you think the tint is perfect) you can still see that it's the same. It's just that their tint is not as dark, which reduces contrast between the tint and the bubbly area. But if you look, you can see it.

It's just that your tint is so dark, you can notice the contrast more easily.

Old 04-05-2007, 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: thebishop

Altitude shouldn't be as much of a factor as you are thinking. I live at 5800 feet and my car still rips. If you are driving it from sea level to altitude alot then you will notice, but as long are you are at the same elevation you car should adapt.
I don't know man. I've looked at everything on my car, and everything looks great. But my performance isn't the same as everyone else's on this forum.

I've also read up a little bit on altitude and it's effects. And they say there's a 2% or 3% drop in performance for every 1,000 feet of elevation. At 4,500 feet, that's about a 12% decrease in performance. So an 8 second 0-60 at sea level translates to about a 9 second 0-60 up here. Anyhow, not a HUGE difference, but a difference none the less.

Just curious - What are you boosting? What are your 0-60 times? Although i see you have a k04. Do you know what you were at before the k04?

Quick Reply: Got tint done yesterday..