Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got smoked! why?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 03:26 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: got smoked! why?

i think my corolla right now stock is at like 10.3:1 and thats definately not all i plan on doing.
i want to get a better crank too. i saw a formula atlantic for sale but those things arent really
daily drivers and they are like 3000. so i will hold off on that. ill have to lighten a lot of **** on
my car and balance everything out perfectly.

Old 02-11-2006, 04:28 AM
2nd Gear

Uhhhhh yeah, a Formula Atlantic Crankshaft is pretty hardcore, I wouldn't touch that thing unless I was spending about $30,000+ on an engine build. Otherwise it would be pretty much pointless.

What else are you planning on doing?

Old 02-15-2006, 03:44 PM
1st Gear

im going to build the engine from the bottom up. its my first engine on my own. so its going to take a while since i dont wanna effff anything up. but i plan on getting everything aftermarket a little more aggressive than normal. cleaning the head having it milled. bored over .020 valve job. balancing everything as good as i can. bigger cams of course. so i dont really know all of it right now. im still getting all the parts together.

Old 02-15-2006, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: y2karnival
the main problem with alot of hondas especially my gsr is a crappy slow first gear.
What? I think you mean torque. Most NA hondas make peak hp at higher RPMs and have less tq.

ZedEx- What motor do you have in the civic? B16b?

Old 02-15-2006, 04:29 PM
2nd Gear

seems like a lot of money for a car that will still get smoked by a stock vette!

Old 02-15-2006, 05:47 PM
2nd Gear

The engine in the Civic is as follows:

2000 Spec Integra Type-R Engine (B18C5):

-Civic Type-R Pistons (13:1CR)
-Balanced and Blueprinted to 13,000RPM (Redline will be set at 9,500)
-ARP Lower End Hardware
-ARP Head Studs
-Golden Eagle Head Gasket
-RLZ Mild Stage I Port (Lets it breath a bit easier at high RPM)
-Stock ITR Valves
-Supertech Titanium Dual Valve Springs
-Supertech Titanium Retainers
-Mugen Bronze Valve Guides
-Stock ITR Camshafts (2000 Spec ITR Camshafts are the same as CTR, so there is no OEM Upgrade from here)
-"Chopped and Ported" stock ITR Intake Manifold
-J'S Racing Carbon Fiber Induction System
-RMF Wide Bend Header
-Stock ITR Exhaust/Muffler
-Catco High Flow Catalytic Converter
-Aeromotive 1:1 RR Fuel Pressure Regulator
--6an SS Fuel Lines
-Golden Eagle Fuel Rail
-RC Engineering 310cc Injectors
-Exedy Lightweight Flywheel (9.85lbs)
-Exedy Stage I Clutch
-CROME Tune by Projek Tuning

We're hoping for a solid 205-215whp on 93 Octane, and 225-230whp on VP Blue 112 Octane... I'm using as many OEM parts as possible without sacraficing power, so there is PLENTY of meet left in that engine. The bottom end is still untouched (Aside from the CTR Pistons and the machine work), the head is hardly touched, and the possibilities are almost endless. But I've got to concentrate on the present, and get the engine to it's first stage build, then worry about the rest later.

Now imagine that type of All Motor responsive power... In a car that weighs under 800lbs without the powertrain (The powertrain will only weigh another 500lbs or so) and a driver that weighs 235lbs (No, I'm not a fat ***, just 6'6" tall... God it sucks)... The car has no interior what so ever aside from two seats and the dash, and the roll cage. I'm shooting for 12s, I think it's very possible.

But we'll see, like I said, I need to concentrate on the present. [:-]

Old 02-15-2006, 06:20 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: ZedEx
My '92 Honda Civic Type-R... 13:1CR, Toda Valvetrain, putting down over 200whp+, and my car weighs under 2,000lbs.
^^^Forget to add this to the list(instead of ITR cams)?

Sounds nice. Someday I'd like to build a motor for my old integra.
http://my.prostreetonline.com/member/ConcordBlueG2/

Old 02-15-2006, 08:06 PM
2nd Gear

Plans change, I was going with full Toda Valvetrain (ITR Valves, Toda Dual Valve Springs/Retainers/B Spec Camshafts) but I see no point for what I'm going for... Supertech will suffice with stock Camshafts.

Nice looking DA, I've always liked the lines on those cars.

Old 02-21-2006, 12:18 AM
1st Gear

I just got my clutch done thursday night and big big difference. I think that was a major issue from the slippage. I can actually take off now and get thrown back at every shift, I know now I can smoke that civic for sure cuz he only had me by not even 2 car lengths!!

Old 02-21-2006, 01:19 PM
2nd Gear

quote:

ORIGINAL: y2karnival
the main problem with alot of hondas especially my gsr is a crappy slow first gear.
Well, maybe there is something wrong with your gsr then. My gsr when I had it was awesome in first second and third. ......and in fourth and fifth, you just dont have enough torque to really pull you through the gears fast. Still fun as heck. I wish I would have kept it......it prolly handled better than the audi i have now.

Quick Reply: got smoked! why?