Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got smoked! why?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 02:39 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: got smoked! why?

... I don't think removing any amount of electrical system out of the Audi will make ANY noticable difference. Our cars are fat Asses, because they're nice car, they built for luxery. If you want a light cars, you've got the right idea with your AE86. The only Stand Alone EMS for our Audis is the 034 System... $1,600+ for the best set up though. I actually called AEM if they were in the process of developing an EMS system for Audis, and they said that it's too hard to mess with because every EMS they've ever done for any other car has a 28 Bit Processor, and the Audis are 36 Bit, it's too hard to figure out... So that's coming from AEM, and they know their stuff. So maybe $1,600+ is a decent price, I'm not sure.

I've learned to not sleep on ANY car, you just never know what they've done.

So are you using, Arias Pistons? What mm bore are you going for? I wouldn't really expect too much power gain with just 11.5:1, stock CR on those 4AG is what, 9.8/10:1 so so? Every 1CR that you increase, is 14HP, so you're only increasing about 21HP with that CR. I'm guessing you have the 115HP TVIS version, correct? Do you have a MAF or a MAP on your engine? What other modifications are you planning? Because honestly... Unless you're doing a lot more than pistons, you're not going to be satisfied.

That's just my opinion.

Old 02-09-2006, 06:37 PM
1st Gear

hah don't get me started on a 4ag system it makes me miss my 89 mr2 4agze superchargered baby. That was definately one of the coolest little cars i have ever owned, and it was pretty advanced for its day power windows,locks, a/c, a manual with cruise control lumbar support (out of the srt4,avenger,regal,and mr2 it was the only 1 with lumbar and now a4 with lumbar). aww the good ol days

Old 02-09-2006, 07:12 PM
2nd Gear

Superchargered... Haha, you made up a new word.

Yeah that sounds like a pretty stout little car man, I'd love to get an old MR2... I simply cannot fit in them though. I'm just too Damn tall. [:@]

Old 02-09-2006, 08:27 PM
1st Gear

HONDAS SUCK! i will sell my car the day i get smoked by a civic, enough said. the only honda i respect is the s2000 and ocassionally a prelude if it isnt a rice rocket and isnt corney.

Old 02-09-2006, 08:59 PM
2nd Gear

You're a moron. Kill yourself.

Want to make a trip down to Wilmington, NC and race a bunch of stupid ricey Hondas? Better be ready to sell your car Sh!tbag.

Be ready to take on the following:

-Miles' H22A powered '99 Honda Civic EX... 190whp on STOCK ENGINE with nothing more than a Pro-Speed Header... He's building an engine that will put out 250whp All Motor in the months to come.
-Brian's H22A powered '94 Honda Civic Si... Runs 13.9s on STOCK ENGINE. Even stock header. It's being built as well, probably going to put down in the realm of 225whp.
-BJ's '97 Integra Type-R... It's just a Hype-R, right?
-Caleb's '00 Honda Civic Type-R... Hope you're pulling on him by the time you hear VTEC.
-My '92 Honda Civic Type-R... 13:1CR, Toda Valvetrain, putting down over 200whp+, and my car weighs under 2,000lbs.
-The list could go on and on of the Honda Civics in our group that could flat out destroy you.

If that's not enough, we've got a few more that will walk on you no matter what you have.

-WG's 585whp '93 Honda Civic... Runs 10.2s by the way. And he's now putting down over 800whp... Do I hear 9s?
-Anthony's 500whp+ '00 Honda Civic... He'll be pushing over 600whp once he gets his GT35R.
-Scott's '89 CRX... Just runs 11s... On a stock DSM 14B.

... But they're just Civics, so it doesn't matter? Does it?

You ignorant little Fück.

Old 02-09-2006, 09:04 PM
1st Gear

woah buddy take it easy, its not that serious i only disliek hondas cuz i see them every where i live in ny 2/4 cars here are hondas gets a lil annoying.

Old 02-09-2006, 09:14 PM
2nd Gear

So do people like you.

Old 02-09-2006, 09:20 PM
1st Gear

aight bro w/e i aint gunna fight with u drive an audi. props to ur civic

Old 02-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Banned

just remember the main thing that hondas have over alot of cars, audis included, and thats power to weight ratio. i have a 00 gsr that would probably take my 99 chipped a4 on a freeway pull, but not from a stoplight...the main problem with alot of hondas especially my gsr is a crappy slow first gear. but who knows ill get the two next to each other someday and see what happens...but like what alot of people have said you gotta be on the lookout for those "sleeper" cars.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:27 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah, you're not kidding... I have video of my buddy Caleb dead lifting the back end of my Civic and moving it around... And he's not a big guy. Haha

Quick Reply: got smoked! why?