Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got smoked! why?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 02:48 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: got smoked! why?

I happens,, just get a big turbo and NOT a K04. get a 28rs or 71r shyt, ,get a 42r

Old 02-08-2006, 04:41 PM

ORIGINAL: ZedEx

Because A4s ARE NOT FAST... I guarantee you, it's not your clutch, your car wasn't malfunctioning, you got beat. Let it be a lesson, don't judge a car before you've raced it, especially Hondas.

Every single Honda I've ever owned would destroy my A4... Even when my '94 Civic EX was stock as Hell, it still ran 15.9. You've got to remember, you can easily get an H/B-Series Honda engine to 200whp using basic bolt ons... Hell, my friend Miles has a stock H22 in his '99 Civic, and he put down 190whp with just a Pro-Speed Header. So he's putting down more horsepower to the wheels, than most of our cars are putting out at the crank, and his car weighs just a shade over 2,000lbs. So to the casual observer, his car just looks like a '99 Civic with some wheels and a Carbon Fiber hood... But little do they know that he will destroy most anything he pulls up next to.

So just remember that... You never know what they're packing.

God I love my Hondas.
Here, here! Why do so many A4 owners think their cars are fast? I mean granted there are a select few out there with a lot of money invested into them that can move but it takes a lot to get there. One thing I can't stand about my A4 is that it's so damn slow. I do love the car for its ride quality, comfort, and aesthetics but hate it when I need to merge onto a highway with an 18-wheeler approaching and the car just has nothing.

My last two cars were civics and you can get decent power out of them. The hatchback I just sold had a B18C5 swap (Integra Type-R motor) in it. The thing weighed about 2200lbs and pushed 175whp. Between the stock-looking muffler tip to the hubcaps, you’d never know that it’d run a 14.3 ¼ mile. Swaps are very common nowadays and non-ricers (I know there aren’t many of us out there in the Honda world) keep their cars clean looking without ugly body kits, big spoilers, and stickers all over them. It’s amazing how many people just don’t realize how bigger, heavier wheels, crazy systems, and hid headlights won’t make their cars faster.

Old 02-08-2006, 04:50 PM
2nd Gear

Your car is probably slower than a stock a4. that is why you lost. I used to have an s15L7 in my gs-r and it weighed like 100+ lbs with my custom box. That solo-x weighs at least that.

Old 02-08-2006, 05:08 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: stolensi

Because A4s ARE NOT FAST... I guarantee you, it's not your clutch, your car wasn't malfunctioning, you got beat. Let it be a lesson, don't judge a car before you've raced it, especially Hondas.

Every single Honda I've ever owned would destroy my A4... Even when my '94 Civic EX was stock as Hell, it still ran 15.9. You've got to remember, you can easily get an H/B-Series Honda engine to 200whp using basic bolt ons... Hell, my friend Miles has a stock H22 in his '99 Civic, and he put down 190whp with just a Pro-Speed Header. So he's putting down more horsepower to the wheels, than most of our cars are putting out at the crank, and his car weighs just a shade over 2,000lbs. So to the casual observer, his car just looks like a '99 Civic with some wheels and a Carbon Fiber hood... But little do they know that he will destroy most anything he pulls up next to.

So just remember that... You never know what they're packing.

God I love my Hondas.
Here, here! Why do so many A4 owners think their cars are fast? I mean granted there are a select few out there with a lot of money invested into them that can move but it takes a lot to get there. One thing I can't stand about my A4 is that it's so damn slow. I do love the car for its ride quality, comfort, and aesthetics but hate it when I need to merge onto a highway with an 18-wheeler approaching and the car just has nothing.

My last two cars were civics and you can get decent power out of them. The hatchback I just sold had a B18C5 swap (Integra Type-R motor) in it. The thing weighed about 2200lbs and pushed 175whp. Between the stock-looking muffler tip to the hubcaps, you’d never know that it’d run a 14.3 ¼ mile. Swaps are very common nowadays and non-ricers (I know there aren’t many of us out there in the Honda world) keep their cars clean looking without ugly body kits, big spoilers, and stickers all over them. It’s amazing how many people just don’t realize how bigger, heavier wheels, crazy systems, and hid headlights won’t make their cars faster.
Sounds exactly like the car I'm building right now... Except I'm selling the Type-R swap for a K20A swap, so it's taking a different direction now.

black991.8tq, what do you have done to your car again? If it was an EP3 Civic Si, those respond to bolt ons, about as good as a bug responds to commands. Ep3s are another one of those cars that are not fast stock, just like our cars. Haha

Old 02-08-2006, 07:13 PM
1st Gear

good thing im not the only one building up a honda

Old 02-08-2006, 08:22 PM
2nd Gear

If your existing DV is bad you will notice a big difference with the new DV because a bad DV is basically just a big boost leak.

If the existing DV is still good, you may notice slightly better throttle response after you replace it but you will not see any power increase.

edit: man that was a lot of posting while I was typing.

Old 02-09-2006, 12:12 AM
1st Gear

can I get the DV valve at any autoparts store or just the dealer?

Old 02-09-2006, 02:11 AM
3rd Gear

black991.8tq, what do you have done to your car again? If it was an EP3 Civic Si, those respond to bolt ons, about as good as a bug responds to commands. Ep3s are another one of those cars that are not fast stock, just like our cars. Haha
i dunno if it was a ep3 or whatever its the 1.6dohc vtec civic si(early 2000 i think). as for my car all mods are in sig minus atp 3 in maf.
hey reaniark you can get the 710n at dealer or ecs tuning has oem and aftermarket.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:26 AM
2nd Gear

That's an EM1, fun little car with a few bolt ons, but still nothing fast. That's pretty good that you pulled on him hard, those cars can still move pretty well.

Old 02-09-2006, 01:27 PM
1st Gear

i posted a topid a few days ago about how they should make a computer that is completely stand alone so you can get rid of all he needless weight of the electronics in these audis. geeze its really weighed down. i drive a corolla gts AE86 and its light as a feather. the audi feels like it has hydrolics compared to my suspension. even though im comparing stock to drift setup.

but in any case dont sleep on a honda ever. you never know. i just laugh when they wanna race my little hachi.
im building a high compression 4ag right now. 11.5:1 compression. once i get my audi paperwork done through
the bank i can park the hachi and pull the engine.

Quick Reply: got smoked! why?