Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got smoked! why?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 12:36 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: got smoked! why?

the audi equipment you have certainly doesnt help. I used to have all that stuff to and I removed it to get to my spare once, went for a drive, and sold it immediatly once I realized what a difference it was. Than again that was a 200lb set-up. With the bt i dont notice any difference with additional weight, but with my chipped ko3 i did. And yea hondas are fast, esp the k20

Old 02-08-2006, 12:37 AM
5th Gear

Thats wierd man cuz i took a little civic the other day and i know for a fact he had a header and full exhaust and intake but are you chipped??? I dunno some of those lil hondas are quick

Old 02-08-2006, 12:39 AM
2nd Gear

I still wont like it when i get beat by a civic. I just.. don tlike those. They bother me. Nothing particularly wrong with the car itself, but they bother me.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:39 AM
1st Gear

ask zedex about the type-r hatchback hes building. Its going to be pretty damn fast. no dought

Old 02-08-2006, 12:41 AM
1st Gear

I got a k&n filter and its chipped but not sure by who, I will find out,car used to belong to my brother in law and he chipped it and put exhaust, it has a stage 1 clutch but its going out but I got another one just have to install. I am looking forward to getting a k04 by end of summer time and a DV when I replace my clutch.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:44 AM
3rd Gear

To answer the original question, because even if the Civic was bone stock,
1) you are too
2) except for the heavy audio system
3)your car outweighs his by roughly probably 800lbs
4)He doesn't have very much less power than you to begin with.
5)The Civic might have had any number of modifications. Believe it or not, Civics can be made fast for dirt-*** cheap.

Old 02-08-2006, 12:45 AM
1st Gear

I smoked an SI about a year and a half ago when I first got my car, I need to try it again to see if I can still keep up because something doesnt seem right, I swear I lost power and CEL is not on and I did a tune up a month ago, Yeah tell me about it I hate hondas especially the fast ones that make me look like a fool

Old 02-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Zombie Defense Force

u need to get a new dv now, maybe thats y u lost

Old 02-08-2006, 12:49 AM
1st Gear

I am going to get a DV ASAP, how much of a difference will it make, I am strongly looking forward to taking my audio equipment out and get one light sub because I need bass but I also need speed and quickness, I work for an audio shop and it will be hard to not roll up subbing

Old 02-08-2006, 12:56 AM
1st Gear

I hate to say it, but my RSX-S with a cold-air intake would spank my new A4 3.0. I've driven em back to back and I don't think it would even be that close.

I remember I had my old GS-R in for service once and one of the service reps gave me a ride back to my office. He had a Civic... Loud as hell, half the interior was ripped out. He was telling me how he had the same motor as my GS-R (I guess he did an engine swap?) but his Civic was much lighter. Man, that little car flew. Still to this day one of the faster cars I've been in. They are fast because they are light as a feather. After owning a GS-R and RSX, I can say the downside is NOISE. That, and they feel like tin can compared to my A4. They were lots of fun to drive though. I'm thinking of picking up an S2000 as a second car one of these days.

Quick Reply: got smoked! why?