Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got myself a B7!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 01:48 AM
1st Gear
Default Got myself a B7!

Hey guys, looks like Ill be spending a little more time around here! I will be in the next 30 days the proud "leased" owner of a 2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T 6MT. I cant tell you all how excited I am. Just started a new job so I wanted ot make sure I would be able to lease fine. It is a 24 motnh lease so im not too stuck too it for now but ill get to learn the ropes. I was planning for the last 2 years on getting an STI, but due to the nature of the job I needed someting more professional, and there is no arguing there im sure. As much as I would like to mod it I dont want to do anything crazy and screw myself come end of warranty. Id like to possibly buy it out at the end, but then the redesigned one is supposed to come out 08, so I have some time to think about it. Against this car I was considering the 325xi, G35x, and the TL. but this one blew them all out of the water. The transmission was heaven compared to the bmw too, at least in my opinion. the G35 turned me off for lack of manual tranny, and the TL... well, FWD nuff said. AWD was the only option. I live in buffalo so RWD was out unfortunately. I have it with the prem, tech, navi, winter packg, and prem stereo I think with XM. I guess I dont really need to tell you too much more about the car seeing as how most of you have one, im just pumped because im moving up from a...cavalier <cringe>. Curiosity kills me, but are there any cheap-removable at time of going into dealer mods? Thanks for the input guys and I cant wait to actually get it!!

Old 12-06-2005, 01:49 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Got myself a B7!

cavalier to B7 A4....nice upgrade!

Old 12-06-2005, 02:00 AM
1st Gear

TL... well, FWD nuff said

thank god someone else thinks the way i do !! congrats post some pics

Old 12-06-2005, 02:26 AM
1st Gear

I dont actually have it yet. They are locating one for me. As soon as i do get it ill definitly post some pics!

Old 12-06-2005, 03:07 AM
3rd Gear

Congrats . Nice choice.

Old 12-06-2005, 03:15 AM

nice choice, should have gotten a s4 or RS4

Old 12-06-2005, 03:55 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Bobert

Hey guys, looks like Ill be spending a little more time around here! I will be in the next 30 days the proud "leased" owner of a 2006 Brilliant Black 2.0T 6MT. I cant tell you all how excited I am. Just started a new job so I wanted ot make sure I would be able to lease fine. It is a 24 motnh lease so im not too stuck too it for now but ill get to learn the ropes. I was planning for the last 2 years on getting an STI, but due to the nature of the job I needed someting more professional, and there is no arguing there im sure. As much as I would like to mod it I dont want to do anything crazy and screw myself come end of warranty. Id like to possibly buy it out at the end, but then the redesigned one is supposed to come out 08, so I have some time to think about it. Against this car I was considering the 325xi, G35x, and the TL. but this one blew them all out of the water. The transmission was heaven compared to the bmw too, at least in my opinion. the G35 turned me off for lack of manual tranny, and the TL... well, FWD nuff said. AWD was the only option. I live in buffalo so RWD was out unfortunately. I have it with the prem, tech, navi, winter packg, and prem stereo I think with XM. I guess I dont really need to tell you too much more about the car seeing as how most of you have one, im just pumped because im moving up from a...cavalier <cringe>. Curiosity kills me, but are there any cheap-removable at time of going into dealer mods? Thanks for the input guys and I cant wait to actually get it!!
Funny how your post title is saying that you have it, but you dont.... Funny because I have seen an example of this a few times within the past few months. The posts are all "Just picked up my new ride!"..."Proud new owner"... etc... its funny ****.

Old 12-06-2005, 11:58 AM
1st Gear

Well i guess I am in financial possesion but not physical. does that sound better? Either way I WILL have it in 30 days or sooner if they can locate a closer one.

as far as the S4 comment... I wish. Maybe someday down the road

Old 12-06-2005, 12:11 PM
1st Gear

Good choice. What's interesting is that your short list was pretty much the same as mine (I had also considered but then immediately dismissed the Saab 9-3). The B7 is, I feel, a better overall choice.

Old 12-06-2005, 03:18 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, I dont know too much about the Saab product except GM has its hands in it, or at least DID up until recently. Not really all too confortable with that for obvious reasons. Also, it was again FWD and that was a no go. My mom has a Honda CRV and as slow as it is, it takes snow much better then my dad's accord V6 (he never listens to me). That offer audi has going on now and the past few months is almost too good to pass up. I mean, he pays jsut about as much for his accord per month as a 06 B7 2.0T. When it comes to cars and car shopping he doesnt really do it. Being in the business we are in, he likes to do favors for clients such as buy buy cars from them, and help thme out as they help him out. Where I see that as good, why would you want to get something that you dont ejoy driving, and from the first time i drove the Audi, I fell in love. It was awesome, and I didnt really get to push it much. Anybody else have this situation where they have to look for the car? I mean, they told me 30 days max, but I would assume less simply because they havent taken my car as trade in yet and im just putting more miles on. Logically I would see sooner the better, but I dont know how hard it is to find one.