Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gonna get a gtrs elim, but I have questions???

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 10:57 PM
1st Gear
Default gonna get a gtrs elim, but I have questions???

So I imported my 2000 A4 1.8T (black with sport package) to Canada last month

Now it's time for some mods, but I have a few questions.

I've decided to go for a ATP GTRS elim turbo kit (the power I want and the price is right). With it I need a chip and exhaust.

I am looking for a place where I can buy the turbo, as I hear I can get it cheaper then the price listed at http://www.atpturbo.com/ Maybe a group buy is happening, maybe there is a shop that has them on sale, I don't know, so I'm askin

SO...

Where can I buy a GTRS Elim? What should I expect to pay for one?

Where can I get the other stuff I need with it? (chip, ect). What should I expect to pay for that?

Exhaust wise I'm looking for a classy and very quiet exhaust, maybe neuspeed(not set on anything for this yet), so where can I buy that and what will it cost?

I have a shop to do the work in Canada, I just need the parts as I can probably find them for cheaper on my own. But askin you guys first sounded like a good idea, so please help.

Thanks, Glen

Old 01-04-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: gonna get a gtrs elim, but I have questions???

dont know why you would want to spend money of a gtrs. For a few hundred more you can get a real turbo kit and have both hp AND tq with a much nicer powerband. My beef with the gtrs and gt71r is that the ko3 flange is WAY to small to spool the turbo. This gives you way to much lag and no low end tq. For less than $3k you can have a nicer t3s60 or t3t4 50trim kit.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:28 PM
5th Gear

yup, you can even get one of the clone ATP manifolds on ebay for dirt cheap. so its only gona run you slightly more. you'll regret getting the elim.

and you'll need-

turbo and oil lines
manifold
get new flange welded on cat or get a new hfc or tp
injectors
software
exhaust
intake
vr6 maf

Old 01-04-2008, 11:34 PM
tdn
2nd Gear

manifold? and a new flange welded on? for an eliminator?

anyway, how is the atp manifold knock offs on ebay.. i would never think to buy a knock off on ebay, but, are they any good? even if you say they are, i'll still be skeptical, but it'll give me something to do some research on.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:35 PM
4th Gear

the can be any worse then the real atp manifolds

Old 01-04-2008, 11:38 PM
tdn
2nd Gear

thats what i though, but i'm wondering why its being suggested.

i'm content with getting a gtrs elim as well as the original poster.

they did a great job pricing bt set ups, it seems like no matter what you get, for only a few hundred more, you can get something better.

by the way, i thought atp's revised manifold holds up a lot better?!

Old 01-04-2008, 11:41 PM
5th Gear

no, i said a manifold for a gt28rs. and if you have an elim, you would want to get a higher flowing manifold, cause stock manifold plus tiny k03 flange = choking that turbo.

and the clone ATP ones are just as good as the ATP ones and will be fine for the 28rs. the rest on ebay tho are cheap and will crack. if you wanted to shell out some extra money for a much better product, i would get a treadstone manifold

Old 01-04-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm make believe

all they did was take the mold atp was using and started to cast it themselves. You can only have a patent for so long.. LOL.

You can get the cast manifold for about $150 (atp is $400)
turbo - $625 for a 50trim or $725 for a internally gated t3s60
tial 38mm wastegate for 50trim or extrenally gated t3s60 $200
dp - $400 from atp or custom for $250
oil lines $150
injectors $200-300
fuel pump $125
sw $700-900
misc bolts and hardware $50

so thats roughly $2400-2800

Old 01-04-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: tdn

thats what i though, but i'm wondering why its being suggested. Just as good and cost far less

i'm content with getting a gtrs elim as well as the original poster. A gt28rs spools at 3200rpms, a gtrs spools at 4k+ I would say thats worth the few extra hundred for a t3s60. Not to mention this t3s60 will have a great amount of tq which no elim has but the gt2x

they did a great job pricing bt set ups, it seems like no matter what you get, for only a few hundred more, you can get something better. A GOOD setup would be a true gt kit and would cost ~4K for just the turbo kit itself. I wouldnt complain

by the way, i thought atp's revised manifold holds up a lot better?! They are fine. The stock replacement is what has problems. That is the exact manifold you would HAVE to use if you wanted to run a elim. If you didnt run a new manifold, your gtrs wouldnt spool till closer to 4.5k and make even less power. Again, those manifolds are over $300

Old 01-05-2008, 12:20 AM
5th Gear

just look at the dyno comparisons. it should be an obvious decision

gtrs

dyno at 91 octane

if you run 104 octane and high boost, you can almost reach the power of a gt28rs on pump gas

gt28rs

and t3s60

Quick Reply: gonna get a gtrs elim, but I have questions???