Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GIAC or REVO??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 08:16 PM
1st Gear
Default GIAC or REVO??

So Friday is the day that im going to trade in my 96 2.8Q for a 01 1.8TQ with 55K on it. One of the first things i plan on doing is buying a boost gauge before i start doing any mods & then getting my car chipped. I live in the subs of Chicago so i can go to Renn-Art to get Revo software or i could order GIAC. I was wondering what everyones thoughts on the two different programs are & maybe explain some of the differences to me.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: GIAC or REVO??

If you can drive to renn-art, get revo. Its better to drive to a place then send it away just incase anything happens sw wise.. Plus your not goingto see much of a differnce from stock chip to stock chip.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:34 PM
1st Gear

thank you for your reply.......but i forgot to add that i can also drive to dub werks where they only offer GIAC......so both shops are about 30 min from me in different directions so if someone could just explain the difference to me....i know people say that for a B5 i should get GIAC.......i hate to ask it, but why?

Old 08-15-2007, 11:09 PM
1st Gear

I have not heard too much about REVO's B5 tunes, mostly B6 and B7's. GIAC though does have a very good track record with the B5's. Its hard to say, REVO does have a nice product but GIAC has been at it longer.

I personally love my GIAC tune and would recomend it to anyone.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:38 PM
Site Moderator

+1 for GIAC... But Id also like to see someone with a B5 try REVO out for a change.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:42 PM

i would say go with GIAC. i have heard that the revo software is better on b6 and b7's, pluss i had giac on my 01 and it was very strong

Old 08-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Site Moderator

I actually just called a Revo dealer acting like I dont have a chip with general questionsand the dude was actually trying to talk me into GIAC [sm=roll.gif]

Old 08-17-2007, 01:35 AM
1st Gear

well then thats what im going to get....i just didnt, and still dont usderstand the differences but if people have already done the trial & error then im not going to do it myself & just go with whatever is already proven.....thank you to everyone for their replies to such a n00b question

Old 08-17-2007, 01:41 AM
1st Gear

yeah go GIAC, i was going to go revo but everyone told me not to with my B5, i went with APR and love it lol they were closer and trusted the shop more.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:02 AM
Site Moderator

They are all about the same when it comes down to it. Hp/tq is going to be the same for each brand. The only differences are how/when the power is delivered throughout the power band. Again they are all very similar in that respect. GIAC is known to have more punch/pull hard down low and not so much in higher rpms (when the turbo starts to crap out anyway.). APR is more smooth and the power band is more leveled. Ive driven a b5 with APR and just didnt feel as "spirited" as GIAC in my car. I really had to wind out the rpm's toget any satisfaction, but it was still nice. I dont know about REVO, but if their dealer is stearing me towards a different brand, then I dont even want to know.... But Im sure its good too.

Quick Reply: GIAC or REVO??