Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is GIAC chip worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Default Is GIAC chip worth it?

well i just got mychip like a week and a half ago and i love it. btu i have been hearing **** like your turbo is gonna blow and all this **** about it. is it worth it for me to keep the softwear in the car? im gonna keep it in only for the summer months, and i really dont rip it to often which is the thuth. is this chip gonna do any damage anytime soon? car has 60KM on it thanks

Old 07-26-2006, 12:56 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Is GIAC chip worth it?

i have had my apr chip for 5 years and i beat my car everyday.... haha not everyday but i have had no turbo problems ever! driven over 100k with the chip and only now started having problems but it was a bad fuel pump! but if you dont beat it everyday, i wouldnt worry about it too much. i think 90% of people in these forums have their cars chipped

Old 07-26-2006, 01:16 PM

just do it... youl be extremely happy and by the time your turbo blows... you should have other problems

Old 07-26-2006, 01:45 PM

lol the chip is already in the car [8D] iv just been hearing people be like ya your turbo isgonna blow and all this **** to me and its just got me all paranoied and afraid that the **** is gonna blow lol pluss from sept- april may the ecu will be stock beucase i dont need that extra power drivng back and fourto school (160km each way )

Old 07-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Site Moderator

wherever you are getting your info from is wrong. the chip is designed to work within the limits of the turbo's capabilities. Garrett is a reputable company with intelligent engineers who wouldnt put there reputation on the line with something that is going to kill your car. Even if the added boost your turbo puts out with a chip reduces its life by 10,000 miles, they are designed to go 100,000+ miles, so who gives a **** cuz the k03 is cheap and not that difficult to replace.

Old 07-26-2006, 03:09 PM

thanks for the info... i feel better now

Old 07-26-2006, 04:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

wherever you are getting your info from is wrong. the chip is designed to work within the limits of the turbo's capabilities. Garrett is a reputable company with intelligent engineers who wouldnt put there reputation on the line with something that is going to kill your car. Even if the added boost your turbo puts out with a chip reduces its life by 10,000 miles, they are designed to go 100,000+ miles, so who gives a **** cuz the k03 is cheap and not that difficult to replace.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Old 07-26-2006, 06:41 PM
3rd Gear

You know it was his freind with a civic saying its gonna blow to scare him so he takes it out and now the civic might have a chance at beating him! I love civic owners... always talkin trash untill you beat em and then they are like, well i bet your turbo will blow in a week! excuses are like bungholes, everyones got one!

Old 07-26-2006, 06:46 PM
1st Gear

keep it!!!

Old 07-26-2006, 07:55 PM
5th Gear

lol same here except i think i have said the same thing a few times before, you stole my words
ORIGINAL: TurboQuattroPwr

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Quick Reply: Is GIAC chip worth it?