Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

getting new rotors

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 01:46 AM
1st Gear
Default getting new rotors

whats up people. ok so i want to get new rotors and was thinking about getting the ecs tuning slotted/ crossed-drilled sets for the front and rear for 149.95 and 119.96. also want to get the s/s line comp kit and the pbr ceramic pads for the front and rear. everything will cost about 485 b4 shipping. so i ask the question...WHAT DO YOU THINK? im just a regular driver that wants better stopping power. im really doing it cuz i have my kids alot and i want to know that i can stop when i really have to. if anyone has any input on better rotors i would appreciate the feedback.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:57 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: getting new rotors

Hawk PADS

POWERSLOT DRILLED ROTORS or BREMBO

Old 12-08-2005, 03:16 AM

I have hawk pads and cross drilled zimmerman rotors. I like them but it could just be the pads. I needed new rotors and they had these in stock and not the otehr so i got them for the smae money.

Old 12-08-2005, 03:36 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: pitobaby76

whats up people. ok so i want to get new rotors and was thinking about getting the ecs tuning slotted/ crossed-drilled sets for the front and rear for 149.95 and 119.96. also want to get the s/s line comp kit and the pbr ceramic pads for the front and rear. everything will cost about 485 b4 shipping. so i ask the question...WHAT DO YOU THINK? im just a regular driver that wants better stopping power. im really doing it cuz i have my kids alot and i want to know that i can stop when i really have to. if anyone has any input on better rotors i would appreciate the feedback.
Im going to need rear rotors/pads very soon and I read up a lot on different rotors for the a4... I have learned NOT to get slotted rotors unless you are racing all the time. The slots actually shave the pads which causes less glazing/scoring on the rotors-which is good for slowing down really fast/less fading, but cuts pad life almost in half. Go for the drilled, Ill prolly end up getting regular oem rotors, at least for the rears. I was looking at ecs and for rear pads and rotors it was about $130 including shipping. NOT BAD considering the dealer would charge more than double that. OEM will let you "stop when you have to" with no problems, you probably wont even notice a great difference between what you have now and what you are about to get, unless what you have now is in very very bad shape. I have about half the surface left on the face of my rear rotors, and I cant see any pads between the caliper and rotor, i dont understand how it doesnt make noises or perform badly.... Even though the rear brakes have a lot less responsibility than the fronts as far as stoping power goes. Have fun and when you get the shat post pics so I can see what Im about to do, im sure its a sinch though.

Old 12-08-2005, 04:28 AM
1st Gear

ok so i looked into dj spiel's recommendation of power slot rotors and from what i can find online they seem to be the best rotors out there. have had real good reviews. ONEPOINT8TEE did make a point about the pad life shortening. i think i will still get them because they are supposed to work well in wet conditions. a plus when it rains. i am still getting the lines from ecstuning but now the only question i have are about the pads. i was thinking about the hawk ceramics but was wondering if the pbrs were as good as the hawks. they are a bit less in price. anyways when i get my stuff in i will make a post with pics. i hope to make my orders by friday. thanks for the input!

Old 12-08-2005, 01:51 PM
2nd Gear

It won't make one bit of difference if you don't get good Brake fluid, and have excelent rubber to put that braking power to the ground.

so Keep that in mind.

BBK (not what you are talking about) don't realy decrease stopping distance or increase power persay. You are paying for less fade in track conditions.

So. You should be fine with Good

Fluid,
Rotors Zimmerman,brembo ect.
Hawk (most peeps like this)
S.S. lines.
Sticky *** tires.