Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gas Additaves

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 12:52 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Gas Additaves

lol, seems kinda risky...

i guess ill try it, dont know if im gonna do the combustion chaimber cleaning, but w.e
if it hasent been done since the car was new, i can only imagine how dirty it is...

Old 11-30-2005, 02:32 AM
1st Gear

everyone on an explorer forum im on use seafoam and they say its like a cureall, put it in the vaccuum hoses

Old 11-30-2005, 02:34 AM
Administrator

hmm I will wait for sandman to do it.. then i will try it on my car

Old 11-30-2005, 02:47 AM
1st Gear

I would trust Techron for gasoline and either Auto-RX or Lube Control for oil, but I would avoid most other additives.

Of course, if you use a high-quality premium gasoline like Chevron Supreme or Shell V-Power and a 502.00 synthetic oil, you probably don't need any additives, ever.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:29 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: jlaudio184

everyone on an explorer forum im on use seafoam and they say its like a cureall, put it in the vaccuum hoses
i have used seafoam through my vac lines it does a lot of cleening to the internal engine parts. i have also used it in my oil to get rid of sludge build up. but it still doesn't cleen out the injectors.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:46 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: hb972.8q

i have used seafoam through my vac lines it does a lot of cleening to the internal engine parts. i have also used it in my oil to get rid of sludge build up. but it still doesn't cleen out the injectors.
well, oil doesnt go throught the injectors... so it probally won't.. but if u put in ur fuel, then your fuel injectors will probally get clean...

so i can find seafoam at any autoparts storey eh??

ill do a writeup as soon as its time for another oil change...

do you think that adding it to the oil will effect my turbo? the guy in the writeup did it on a 2.8, but seeing how the oil gets way hotter when its going through the turbo, i dont know if this might compromise the viscosity of the oil if it gets too hot with that seafoam in it