Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are FWD a4s GHEY????

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: are FWD a4s GHEY????

ORIGINAL: GraffixWB

The ONLY reason to buy an Audi without AWD is ignorance :P. THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF ALL WHEEL DRIVE!! Come on guys.
Come on man, you know thats an ignorant statement in itself.

Old 02-09-2006, 03:24 PM

FWD Audi's should only come with 2 rings instead of 4

Old 02-09-2006, 03:27 PM

when I was old enough you could only buy a two wheel drive and it was all that was needed then the bloody farmers got in hence the 4x4

Old 02-09-2006, 06:20 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: JDCrowe

FWD Audi's should only come with 2 rings instead of 4

GREAT IDEA!!

1.8t, that's why i put the lil ":P" after the statement cuz it was a joke

Old 02-09-2006, 06:51 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: specialK4

ORIGINAL: a4BRZLowrider

a while ago someone posted a article from a magazine...they test drove both cars....quattro and 2wd.....almost no difference.... the 2wd was faster on a straight line.....and kept with the quattro on curve...except when they tested on a snow road....the quattro kicks ***...anybody remenber that?? (sorry for my poor english)

yes i do infact i was about to say that. all you guys who say the AWD handles better is wrong they were both tested everything matched up exactly the same the only difference was on snow/ice obviously the AWD will handle better. Another thing is that the FWD beat the AWD on the straight line test since it weighs less. So if ur gonna be driving on snow get the AWD but if not then it makes no difference until u get into the higher HP/TQ range which will allow the AWD to stick better from a stop.

Everyone is all over the awd and gives no credit to audi's fwd system it performs the same and is quicker "in stock form" than the awd other than ice and snow (which i dont get where i live) then fwd is just as nice as the awd system in my opinion. Dont get me wrong i love awd and would get it if i didnt get a really great deal on mine but jesus you make it seem like fwd is so shitty compared to awd.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:15 PM
2nd Gear

Ok, that's it... I'm going to build a FWD A4 drag car and shut you all up.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:27 PM

Wat you mean it hasn't been done already[:-]

Old 02-09-2006, 07:30 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: ZedEx

Ok, that's it... I'm going to build a FWD A4 drag car and shut you all up.

You of all people should know fwd's are actually capable of killing it on the street with mods. Maybe not as well as an awd system but none the less its not like there total ****.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:33 PM
2nd Gear

I just think it'd be fun to do. Have some big fat Mickey Thompson Slicks mounted on 10.5" Weld Wheels, and skinnies in the rear. TEIN Drag Coilovers in the rear, and TEIN Flex up front, Full-Race Traction Bar, and some Raxle custom Axels... That thing would hook. You can run 0psi in those slicks as long as you've got the Axels and Transmission to take the force. Tickle the power up to about 500whp-550whp, and I'm sure you could break that thing into very high 10s.

If I had $20,000 laying around, and nothing better to do with it... Yeah, I'd probably do it.

Old 02-09-2006, 10:07 PM
2nd Gear

if u are an awd owner and have never driven a fwd well u cant really put up a good argument. i can understand yall saying its better in wintery conditoins but the handeling is extremely awesome and i dont even have the sport. i mean ya, i love awd vehicles and i would probably be driving an awd a4 if i didnt find an excellent deal and if i wasnt told by so many ppl that awd a4s have an *** load more problems than the fwd. yes i know what the awd experience is like but i live in arkansas where its really not needed and i became a member of AF after i bought the car so ppl could have told me to go for a quattro. but in the end, i dont regret getting a fwd a4 at all.

Quick Reply: are FWD a4s GHEY????