Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are FWD a4s GHEY????

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 02:11 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: are FWD a4s GHEY????

Well that makes me feel better... I knew all the quattro-heads would come running in with their understeer/oversteer comments, and throtle application theories... Dont get me wrong, there is deffinately a logic to the quattro system, it just depends on what the conditions are for the application which determines what is best.

Old 02-09-2006, 07:06 AM

This is the best answer in this topic. I also have FWD and my car is heavily moded, what I can't say for many of you here in the post and still u know all the answers and didn't even drive or own moded FWD car before. You have to know in which conditions u will use the car, for example I don't drive the car in winter, it is in garage, so I don't need AWD. I have another car for winter. Here in EU there are many cars with FWD and less of them with AWD in USA is different and that's it.

Old 02-09-2006, 12:45 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: leetman

Hey I am about to buy a 1998 Audi A4 5spd 100k miles brand new timing belt and water pump, BUT its front wheel drive!

Is this ghey? Will I be laughed at and told I have no place street racing? I heard they perform WAY worse when handling curvey roads.

Is all this true?

The asking price is $6500.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

I'm not one to usually bash someone dude, but you're way to worried about what other people will think of you. Get a civic.

Old 02-09-2006, 01:09 PM
2nd Gear

i love my a4, its fwd, and the only bug about it is loss of traction but ill get stickier tires. but i wish i woulda got a quattro. i live in WI so winters a bia bia. but fwd, *thumbsup*

Old 02-09-2006, 01:10 PM

just dont drive it with your ad-"dress" on it lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/12092/A9F81A2C767B4AB58A774D50C3889944.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12092/D0A17F4988FF43AC9D453352220E5FFF.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-09-2006, 01:19 PM

ye, FWD is still good, they are exelent, less parts to go bad and a bit lighter. I enjoy mine, there was a little snow so no prob easy stuff. a bit hard on the lunch but its okey.

Old 02-09-2006, 01:36 PM
1st Gear

nothing beats FR (front engine rear wheel drive)
but the next best thing would be all wheel drive. since hardly any cars come
rear wheel anymore. and if they do then they're way too expensive.
honda s2k
nissan 350z
toyota supra (no longer made
etc.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:04 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: juice88

are u talking to me about the metaphor or yuikio well what would this do to m
car- http://www.supremepowerparts.com/app...T.aspx/0/4879/
Well, nothing, since you don't have a stock center differential to replace. If you got a Quaife or Peloquin limited slip differential (not totally sure they make them for FWD A4s, since nobody really recognizes the performance potential of them ) then your wheels would spin at the same time, but they'd still spin.

As for the electric guitar, if you have a FWD Audi, the experience is...muted, like if you had a guitar w/o amp. Stupid to buy one without the other, since an electric guitar sounds stupid without electric amplification. Same way an Audi without quattro is self-defeating; just buy a Prelude or an RSX if you want FWD thrills.

The handling/grip advantage of Quattro over FWD only comes down when you have a lot more power than stock. Then four tires can harness it and slingshot you out of a corner like a roller coaster, but FWD can only smoke tires and watch with that much power. Same goes for launches-stock, an AWD A4 is too heavy and too lame to get wheelspin, and the lighter FWD can get a decent launch. But when both cars have 250whp, the AWD can get it all to the ground, and the FWD can make awesome burnouts.

Old 02-09-2006, 02:07 PM
1st Gear

The ONLY reason to buy an Audi without AWD is ignorance :P. THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF ALL WHEEL DRIVE!! Come on guys.

Old 02-09-2006, 03:14 PM

Audi is synominous with AWD....

buying a FWD Audi is like buying the edited version of Eminem's CD..
yeah, TECHNICALLY it's an Eminem CD, but it's just "not all there"

you might even listen to half of the album before you realize what you're missing...
but at some point... you're gonna say to yourself... "i wish i had a quattro"

like someone said earlier, you NEVER hear someone with quattro say "i wish i had FWD".... NEVER

Quick Reply: are FWD a4s GHEY????