Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

are FWD a4s GHEY????

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 07:05 PM
1st Gear
Default are FWD a4s GHEY????

Hey I am about to buy a 1998 Audi A4 5spd 100k miles brand new timing belt and water pump, BUT its front wheel drive!

Is this ghey? Will I be laughed at and told I have no place street racing? I heard they perform WAY worse when handling curvey roads.

Is all this true?

The asking price is $6500.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Old 02-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Default RE: are FWD a4s GHEY????

are you buying this car for street racing that is the gay part

Old 02-08-2006, 07:07 PM
1st Gear

Your worried about your "street racing credit?" Well if you are worried about any of those weird things like "performance" "safety" or "comfort" you would get quattro. And going off your methods for "street" credit you would get quattro. Its worth the money thats for sure, whens the last time you heard some one with quattro say "damn i wish i woulda got the fwd"

Old 02-08-2006, 07:10 PM
Site Moderator

Its not "ghey"... But its not Quattro either...
If you plan on going much over 200-220hp fwd wouldnt be any good for "street racing". If you have the means, and its a good deal find a quattro.. I just got such a crazy good deal on my A4 that i didnt care.. But if i ever get another one it will have quattro. Lots of advantages with it for sure, only a couple disadvantages.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:38 PM
2nd Gear

You're buying the wrong car if you're trying to earn respect in the STREET SCENE...

If you want to be the fastest, buy a $2,000 AWD Automatic DSM and dump $10,000 into it. If you want to be the coolest... Put a $125 Ebay body kit on it, and leave it unpainted, that always gives you respect points. Don't forget the DOHC VTEC stickers down the side either.... Type-R decals and emblems are always a plus too, remember that, any car can be a Type-R.

Seriously though, you're probably going to get laughed at no matter what you do... I'm laughing at you right now, as a matter of fact.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: ZedEx

You're buying the wrong car if you're trying to earn respect in the STREET SCENE...

If you want to be the fastest, buy a $2,000 AWD Automatic DSM and dump $10,000 into it. If you want to be the coolest... Put a $125 Ebay body kit on it, and leave it unpainted, that always gives you respect points. Don't forget the DOHC VTEC stickers down the side either.... Type-R decals and emblems are always a plus too, remember that, any car can be a Type-R.

Seriously though, you're probably going to get laughed at no matter what you do... I'm laughing at you right now, as a matter of fact.
I dont think ive ever said this.. But... ROFL!!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2006, 07:42 PM
1st Gear

Hahah yea your right guys that was a pretty stupid question.

Yea I didnt mean to want street credit and I don't actually plan on street racing.

I just want a luxery sports car. And I wanted to know as far as haneling/accel/ anything else you could tell me, how does the FWD compare?

For the gentlemen who do actually own the FWDs, do you have any negative feedback on them?

Serious mode now hehe.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:44 PM
1st Gear

Hahaha...I started laughing just when I read your name. Seriously though, I would never ever buy a FWD Audi if I have the option to get Quattro. Its not as important in the warmer states but you will be VERY glad you have it if you ever find yourself in a nice snowstorm.

And street racing is teh uber ghey Who street races on curvy roads anyway? You're just asking for trouble (and not from the cops.)

Old 02-08-2006, 07:46 PM
2nd Gear

Ok, you're cool now. I was just giving you a hard time, but you clean up nicely, so you can live.

If you would like my advice... Keep looking.

Find a 1.8T Quattro, and put a few grand into it. You'll have car that can perform as well as it looks, and feels. Just some advice though, keep some spare money on hand, just in case. It's not often that things go wrong with these cars, but when they do, your wallet knows it.

Old 02-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: leetman

Hahah yea your right guys that was a pretty stupid question.

Yea I didnt mean to want street credit and I don't actually plan on street racing.

I just want a luxery sports car. And I wanted to know as far as haneling/accel/ anything else you could tell me, how does the FWD compare?

For the gentlemen who do actually own the FWDs, do you have any negative feedback on them?

Serious mode now hehe.
FWD simply wont keep and put all the power to the ground like quattro. Although there is some power lost through the quattro drive train which is one of the only dissadvantages.. Other than that, its just more parts to break, which doesnt happen often from what i read. It is a purely mechanical system so theres no electrical worries with it.

Quick Reply: are FWD a4s GHEY????