Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front end shimmy

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Default RE: Front end shimmy

and I mean this sincerely because im sick of being politically correct[:@] spelling is the end of the world as long as we understand it careful where you stand the mobile phone people will rip you apart TXT/SMS

Old 06-07-2006, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: avant80@2.6

apologies again are you a moderator or a teacher of the English language, please don't come here to start trouble as im sure there are many waiting to take you up on your challenge
Apology accepted, and I too apologize if I came across badly.

No, I'm not a moderator or a teacher of English. I quite often misspell.
However, I made that comment because I'm not being PC and letting it go. These days it would be more PC to simply not say anything negative as it may upset someone's feelings. I'm being straight with you and honest. Your posts are hard to read and even harder to understand, and that is a direct result of not using some form of universal language format. The point of language and grammar is to help communication as best as it can be helped. On an internet we don't get to see your face or gestures so all we have is the words.
If the words aren't arranged so that others can read and understand them, then your meaning gets lost and it can cause argument even when non was intended.

I absolutley did NOT come here for trouble. I came here because I now have an A4 and I want to engage other A4/Audi enthusiasts about these cars.
I have no challenge set up for anyone to take up really.
Yes, I really am here just for the fun of it.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:07 PM

perhaps im talking too much mechanics and need to dilute it to make it easier to under stand if so please tell me so I can conform, its distressing to me to find what I post is misinterpreted because that's not what I want, im an old tech and still stuck in the past but with new technology embedded in my mind over the last ten years and still learning It dose confuse me sometimes as to why the young today don't understand perhaps im just too old and should take a rest and let you guys do it

Old 06-07-2006, 05:22 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AteUrV8

I HAD THIS PROBLEM, AND GOT IT SOLVED...GUESS WHAT IT WAS.... i got my wheels balanced...so maybe you should listen to the people THAT YOU ASK for advice. Getting your wheels balanced takes freakin 10 bucks and 10 minutes. Just run down to a tire shop and get it done, its by any means nothing that you need to "wait for the weekend" AND its nothing by any means that needs to be "taken to the STEALERSHIP"....seriously dude ur thinking of like a million things that could be wrong, and scheduling in a time to go to the stealership just to get ur tires balanced. spend 10 bucks and get it fixed, dang.

if its not wheel balancing than you gotta bent rim.
I think it was ^^^^ that got both of you too going. 2.0TS seems to know what he is talking about and has been listening. It was the originator of the tread that I think the above comment was directed towards.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:33 PM

im lost here lol im tired been working too many hrs and my head is busting so im going to chill out with a few beers and sleep in tomorrow, see you all later

Old 06-07-2006, 07:24 PM
1st Gear

It's the wheels/tires man. Typically the steering wheel isn't straight or the car pull if it's the alignment. I would think if it's a shimmy, it's in the balancing.

Old 06-09-2006, 12:34 PM
1st Gear

Bump.
Important.
Please post your info.
Thanks!

Old 06-12-2006, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

Ok I got my car back from the dealer, they stated they road force balanced the tires. They did acknowledge there was a little shimmy. They said it was gone. Its back. I think I am going to have them switch the front and the rear tires to see if it goes away. If it is still there it has to be something else.

Any comments.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:32 PM
2nd Gear

all the recommendations seem to point to balancing. Switch the tires around.

Get your tires balanced with weights at a tire place. Your dealership sounds like they don't want to deal with your problem.

Old 06-12-2006, 02:36 PM
2nd Gear

i had same problem - got tires balanced today - fixed yay

Quick Reply: Front end shimmy