Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found another car! Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 02:05 PM
1st Gear
Default Found another car! Opinions?

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/car/292583607.html[/align][/align][/align]Thanks![/align]

Old 03-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Found another car! Opinions?

You dont need to start a new thread everytime you find a link to a new car. Just keep posting in one thread.
That looks like a good deal though for sure. Especially if you could get it for $6k or less.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:10 PM
3rd Gear

Its got a center vent boost gauge - so it must be chipped - find out what kind and if its included in the sale

looks good - good price - it is the best year A4 to mod so better get it before another member grabs it

Old 03-13-2007, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

Just spoke with him. It has a Stage 1 chip.[/align]
That good? Bad? Could it mean he abused it?[/align][/align][/align]He said he just lowered the price and put new tires on it as well.[/align][/align][/align]

Old 03-13-2007, 02:23 PM
3rd Gear

what company? stage 1 doesn't really mean anything - could be a TAP stage 1 maybe. chip doesn't mean it was abused, just that it was more likely that it was driven a tad harder that would be capable of stock. There is no real way to tell what chip he has unless he opens up where the ECU is and takes a look to see if its marked. if there is no mark then he would have to open the ECU and check the chip itself. so, most likely he wouldn't want to do this.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Site Moderator

damn jump on it, but find out what brand chip it has.. There are lots of "stage 1" chips out there.
Such as
GIAC
APR
Wettereur (sp?)
TAP
REVO
Neuspeed
Dahlback
Upsolute
MTM
OCT tuning

Old 03-13-2007, 02:25 PM
1st Gear

That's a fine question. I'll have to ask him.[/align][/align]What exactly does "stage 1" mean, anyway? Or does the specs for "stage 1" vary by manufacturer?[/align][/align]I also noticed that he didn't state why he has to get rid of the car. He said he works late (until 10:30) and he drives the car. Sounded like a younger guy. Like 18 or so.[/align][/align][/align]

Old 03-13-2007, 02:29 PM
Site Moderator

Yes, asking why someone is selling should be your first question.
Stage 1 typically means its a 1 - 1.3 bar chip tuned specifically for the stock k03 turbo.

Old 03-13-2007, 04:38 PM
3rd Gear

I have yet to hear anyone answer -
Q: why are you selling the car?
A: Cause I beat the **** out of it and its starting to fall apart. lol

But seriously - most thing you can do yourself if any problems arise, and there is always someone here to answer questions. Any used car will be a gamble - this one already has a few minor mods so I say go for it.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:32 PM
1st Gear

I will ask him that indeed.[/align][/align]The woman said we can look at it! Woohoo! I'm gonna see if I can check it out after work tonight.[/align][/align]So, is the ECU easily accessible? If so, while test driving, I'll check out what chip he's got in it. If it's easy to get to....[/align][/align][/align]

Quick Reply: Found another car! Opinions?