Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FORGE SPLITTER!! # OF CLICKS??

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:53 PM
1st Gear
Default FORGE SPLITTER!! # OF CLICKS??

Upgrading my 710N today with the new Forge splitter DV, it was honking like crazy! Anyways, I spoke to the salesperson from Forge directly and he referred 15-20 clicks for stock application. The only issue I am not certain with is from what direction to start the clicks from; do I open the valve all the way and do 15-20 clicks clockwiseto the position or do I tighten it all the way and do 15-20 clicks counterclockwise?The instructions from Forge on the attached diagram is to loosen the cap all the way, install the DV, start the car so that the spring is jiggling around inside, tightenand then adjust accordingly. I am not sure how to adjust this device. Onepointee suggested 5-10? Any ideas?

Old 08-15-2007, 02:07 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: FORGE SPLITTER!! # OF CLICKS??

loosen all the way (counter clockwise), then give it about 10 clicks clockwise and start from there. If you dont have enough tension, you will loose psi and maybe get some flutter. Tighten until you get the psi your suppose to be at and no more flutter at peak psi

Old 08-15-2007, 02:23 PM
1st Gear

Thanks a lot cincy. What if I not have a boost gauge installed yet and cannot monitor correct psi?s.o.l. then huh.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm make believe

Then just move to about 15 clicks and you should be good.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:37 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: FORGE SPLITTER!! SETTING??

Holy sh*t is this thing is loud! I had no idea the splitter (bov) would be as loud as it is. I know I have it installed correctly, I am not sure though if the setting is correct. I am at 15 clicks per Cincy's recommendation and seems as though I cannot hear the turbo spool as much as I did with the 710N. The boost seems to more apparent @ higher rpm's than before too....?? Any ideas or suggestions anyone?? Other than fine tuning this quality DVanyone thats looking to be heard...THIS is a must HAVE!! Well worth the investment! Very happy!

Old 08-15-2007, 10:54 PM
I'm make believe

I think your the first to say that the splitter is loud. Your boostprobablyseems stronger because your stock dv was leaking. Not sure why the sound of the turbo got softer, should be near the same.

If your pulling harder, you should have it set correctly.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:28 AM
1st Gear

Does the spring tension inside (click setting) influence the pressure of the bov? Meaning, if it was set too tight or too loosefor the amount of boost for the stock K03 would this effect the amount of boost bleadingoff?

Old 08-16-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm make believe

The dv doesnt bleed boost, thats the boost controller/n75's job. But having it to soft will make it release early and you wont get the correct amount of boost and to hard wouldnt allow it to stay open long enough and make you surge.

Old 08-23-2007, 12:17 PM
1st Gear

The turbo would sound louder with the stock valve if the stock valve was leaking, this is a result of the turbo spinning at a higher RPM to achieve the target boost value. Things are as they should be.

Old 08-23-2007, 01:14 PM
1st Gear

Can you adust the sound of these things? And what PSI should Stocl 1.8T quattro run at?

Quick Reply: FORGE SPLITTER!! # OF CLICKS??