Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FMIC Power Increase?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 10:29 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: FMIC Power Increase?

A bigger intercooler is better for consistency. After running hard for a few minutes power will start to fall off because of heat. A bigger intercooler helps to prevent that and notnecessarily make more power.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:30 PM
4th Gear

prolly gonna go the DIY ebay intercooler route

Old 02-20-2007, 10:32 PM
1st Gear

You may have seen the illusration but did you actually understand it? i don't think you do if your saying "exhaust intake air" what does this mean?

ORIGINAL: selfemployed03

wait... i'm the one claiming not to be a noob... ha... and i don't need the edi button do i? but just so u guys know since i'll be here alot, i'm known for bad typing sometimes. =)

but yea, the illustration (seen it a thousand times) is good for anyone ho doesnt know how turbos work. if an intercooler keeps anything cool really, it may be ur intake mani or TB, just cause it cools the exhaust intake air which is mad so hot by the turbo.

and u use a little boost, but i know atleast on turbo protege that u can just up the boost a little more to compensate... but from what i understand about the audis... u cant do that. why don't our cars adjust the fuel to extra air via the MAF when u just turn up boost? thats how every other car works? instea du have to run it all through the ecu... very inconvienient and costly...

Old 02-20-2007, 10:34 PM
2nd Gear

Hey noob cooler intake charges do give you cooler exhaust gasses not by much considering the amount of heat in the exhaust gas but there is a difference, so in a way he was right.

I hooked up a boost cooler for a buddiesFordLightningliquid to air intercoolerand datalogged it before and after, there was about a 50 degree difference in EGT.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Administrator

im sorry, but im going to have to call "shenanigans" on that.. What did you drop the air intake temps to?

Old 02-20-2007, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

Thanks einstein you came in way too late to be commenting on this off topic crapy thread. Yes that may be true but that is no what the person i was quoting said. i'm a mechanic and have been for a long time so don't preach to the choir
ORIGINAL: tractioncontrol

Hey noob cooler intake charges do give you cooler exhaust gasses not by much considering the amount of heat in the exhaust gas but there is a difference, so in a way he was right.

I hooked up a boost cooler for a buddiesFordLightningliquid to air intercoolerand datalogged it before and after, there was about a 50 degree difference in EGT.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:49 PM
2nd Gear

No one can beat SEBULBA, wub wub wub!

Old 02-20-2007, 10:51 PM
1st Gear

This thread is rediculous I think the original poster got his answer, and thats the bottom line.

Old 02-20-2007, 11:00 PM
2nd Gear

The boost cooler is a box filled with ice that the intercooler coolant runs though every pass the box has to have the water dumped to fill it back up with ice, it runs about 40 degrees with a 90 degree abient outside temp and the EGT showed the same results (trust me I found it hard to believe when I first saw it).

Old 02-20-2007, 11:02 PM
2nd Gear

hey redgoat i like your sig picture. its awesome

Quick Reply: FMIC Power Increase?